Anal Licking in Dogs
Tags: anus, anal, licking, dogs, sore, pain
There are several reasons that your dog might have be licking their anus. Below are some of the most common reasons given by various veterinarians:
- Your dog might trying to ease a sore anus;
- Your dog might have a full anal sac; or
- Your dog might have tape worms.
If your dog is licking their anus, rest assured that there are steps you can take to help your furry friend overcome this ailment.
- You might want to give your dog good quality food;
- You might want to avoid feeding human food or leftovers;
- You might want to make sure your dog has access to plenty of water;
- You might want to increase the amount of fiber you are feeding to soften stools;
- Your might want to apply hemorrhoid cream to the irritated area;
- You might need to unclog the anal sac; finally,
- You might want to have your dog tested for worms.
If your dog does have a problem with anal licking, you should consult your vet to see what exactly might be causing the problem.
Big Dog Blog
Do you read the blog?
Visit the new Big Paws Blog and information on new dogs, fashion, show, and more that's new in the dog world. Click here to visit and start reading.
Welcome to Big Paws Only with the best Big Dog Chat and Message Boards. Registration is Quick & Easy, takes only a few seconds, and allows you to view all of the wonderful pictures of our babies, and chat. Posting Pictures is really easy too, and we host them!