The Best Dogs for Kids
Tags: dogs, puppies, kids
Dogs With Kids
If you are looking for a puppy dog to complete your family, you’ve come to the right place! Below is a list of some of the best dogs to bring into your family. Before you run off to the pet store though, there are some general guidelines you need to take into consideration before making the life changing decision. Some things to consider are:
- Your child’s age
- If you have other pets
- Avoid a really small dog as they can be easily hurt by a small child
Top Ten Best Dogs for Kids
- The Mutt- This is always a great option because you are saving an innocent animal from a terrible life and potentially death. They also are at least risk for disease as they age, are inexpensive, and usually love you more for saving them.
- Beagle- This breed can live inside or out, and loves to play and rough house with kids. They also have a coat which is easy to maintain.
- Poodle- These dogs are intelligent, easily trained, and love their family. They also have coats which are easy to care for and are great for people with allergies.
- Golden Retriever- This breed is smart and loves everyone! It is one of America’s traditional dogs and does great with multiple kids in the home.
- Labrador Retriever- This breed is smart and loves everyone! It too is one of America’s traditional dogs. It loves to play outside and doing tricks.
- Border Terrier- This breed has an easy to care for coat, is very active and loves playing with kids.
- Great Dane- Although this dog is very tall, it is so gentle and kind. This breed is very patient and loves kids.
- Pug- A small dog with a great heart and a strong sense of family. This breed loves kids and does well with inexperienced owners.
- Newfoundland- This breed has a high maintenance coat but it great with families as it has a naturally sweet disposition. This breed loves to be with kids and is gentle, kind, and patient.
- Samoyed- This breed is easily trained and loves to be with children and families. Although it also has a high maintenance coat, it is inherently good natured.
Big Dog Blog
Do you read the blog?
Visit the new Big Paws Blog and information on new dogs, fashion, show, and more that's new in the dog world. Click here to visit and start reading.
Welcome to Big Paws Only with the best Big Dog Chat and Message Boards. Registration is Quick & Easy, takes only a few seconds, and allows you to view all of the wonderful pictures of our babies, and chat. Posting Pictures is really easy too, and we host them!