Dirty Ears in Dogs
Tags: dogs, ears, dirty, wax, substance, discharge, infection, mites, hair
There are several reasons that your dog might have dirty ears. Below are some of the most common reasons given by various veterinarians:
- Your dog might have to much earwax;
- Your dog might have to much hair in their ears;
- Your dog might have an infection; or
- Your dog might have ear mites.
If your dog does have smelly, dirty ears rest assured that there are steps you can take to help your furry friend overcome this ailment.
- You might want to clean their ears with medication;
- You might want to hold their ears up to air them out;
- You might want to trim the hair from inside their ears; finally,
- You might want to put an ear drying fluid into your dog’s ears.
If none of the above remedies work then you should consult your vet to see what exactly might be causing the problem.
Big Dog Blog
Do you read the blog?
Visit the new Big Paws Blog and information on new dogs, fashion, show, and more that's new in the dog world. Click here to visit and start reading.
Welcome to Big Paws Only with the best Big Dog Chat and Message Boards. Registration is Quick & Easy, takes only a few seconds, and allows you to view all of the wonderful pictures of our babies, and chat. Posting Pictures is really easy too, and we host them!