Tags: dog, chewing, behavior, shoes, problem
There are several reasons that your dog might be chewing up your furniture. Below are some of the most common reasons given by various veterinarians:
- Your dog might be teething;
- Your dog might be exploring his/her surroundings;
- Your dog might be bored;
- Your dog might be hungry; and finally
- Your dog might be suffering from an emotional problem.
If your dog is causing you to repair things in your home regularly, rest assured that there are steps you can take to help your furry friend overcome this ailment.
- You can make your dog more active;
- You can take your dog on a lengthy walk before you leave that way he to tired to chew your possessions;
- You might need to give your dogs more appropriate things to chew on;
- You might need to engage your dog in play sessions with the acceptable chew toys; or
- You might need to catch him/her in the act to punish them.
If none of the above remedies work then you should consult your vet to see what exactly might be causing the problem.
Big Dog Blog
Do you read the blog?
Visit the new Big Paws Blog and information on new dogs, fashion, show, and more that's new in the dog world. Click here to visit and start reading.
Welcome to Big Paws Only with the best Big Dog Chat and Message Boards. Registration is Quick & Easy, takes only a few seconds, and allows you to view all of the wonderful pictures of our babies, and chat. Posting Pictures is really easy too, and we host them!