Dogs Crying or Whining
Tags: dogs, crying, whining, pain, heat, comfort
There are several reasons that your dog might be crying or whining. Below are some of the most common reasons given by various veterinarians:
- Your dog might be trying to let you know that they need something;
- Your dog might be uncomfortable with a sound;
- Your dog might be in heat;
- Your dog might be unhappy with a change in their normal routine;
- Your dog might be in pain; or
- Your dog might be genetically predisposed to whining and crying.
If your dog’s crying is irritating you, rest assured that there are steps you can take to help your furry friend overcome this ailment.
- You might want to check your dog for any problems;
- You might want to journal what you notice when your dog cries/whines for a few days;
- You can make your dog earn really good rewards when he/she doesn’t cry;
- Your dog might be suffering from an emotional disorder; or
- You might need to put a halti on your dog.
If none of the above remedies work then you should consult your vet to see what exactly might be causing the problem.
Big Dog Blog
Do you read the blog?
Visit the new Big Paws Blog and information on new dogs, fashion, show, and more that's new in the dog world. Click here to visit and start reading.
Welcome to Big Paws Only with the best Big Dog Chat and Message Boards. Registration is Quick & Easy, takes only a few seconds, and allows you to view all of the wonderful pictures of our babies, and chat. Posting Pictures is really easy too, and we host them!