Tags: dogs, fear, scared, dogs, people, objects
There are several reasons that your dog might be fearful of objects. Below are some of the most common reasons given by various veterinarians:
- Your dog might be nervous about the unknown; or
- Your dog might be remembering a time when that object hurt him.
If your dog is fearful, rest assured that there are steps you can take to help your furry friend overcome this ailment.
- You might want to begin introducing your dog to unfamiliar objects;
- You might want to reward your dog when after he meets new object;
- You might want to create situations where your dog has to encounter novel things; or
- You might want to place hi/her treat on the object he/she is fearful of.
If none of the above remedies work then you should consult your vet to see what exactly might be causing the problem.
Big Dog Blog
Do you read the blog?
Visit the new Big Paws Blog and information on new dogs, fashion, show, and more that's new in the dog world. Click here to visit and start reading.
Welcome to Big Paws Only with the best Big Dog Chat and Message Boards. Registration is Quick & Easy, takes only a few seconds, and allows you to view all of the wonderful pictures of our babies, and chat. Posting Pictures is really easy too, and we host them!