Tags: dogs, fighting, biting, people, problems
There are several reasons that your dog might be fighting with other dogs. Below are some of the most common reasons given by various veterinarians:
- Your dog might be trying to prove his/her dominance; or
- Your dog might be protecting his/her territory.
If your dog is fighting with others, rest assured that there are steps you can take to help your furry friend overcome this ailment.
- You might want to neuter/spay your animals to lessen the chances of sibling fighting;
- You need to treat the dominant dog as the dominant dog to protect the pecking order;
- You might need to introduce a new pet into the family slowly;
- Yu might need to feed them separately;
- You might want to watch for body language signs when out like posturing, no tail wag, or growling; or
- You might need to move in another direction.
If none of the above remedies work then you should consult your vet to see what exactly might be causing the problem.
Big Dog Blog
Do you read the blog?
Visit the new Big Paws Blog and information on new dogs, fashion, show, and more that's new in the dog world. Click here to visit and start reading.
Welcome to Big Paws Only with the best Big Dog Chat and Message Boards. Registration is Quick & Easy, takes only a few seconds, and allows you to view all of the wonderful pictures of our babies, and chat. Posting Pictures is really easy too, and we host them!