Dog Over Eating
Tags: dogs, over, eating, too, much, depressed, hypothyroidism, food, cushings, disease, infection, check up
There are several reasons that your dog might be eating to much during meal time. Below are some of the most common reasons given by various veterinarians:
- Your dog might be trying to beat out their sibling canine in a food eating contest;
- Your dog might be depressed;
- Your dog might be anxious;
- Your dog may be suffering a side effect of medication;
- Your dog might have Cushing’s Disease;
- Your dog might have hypothyroidism;
- Your dog might be suffering from internal parasites;
- Your dog might have diabetes;
- Your dog might have an internal organ infection; and finally
- Your dog might have a tumor.
If your dog is suffering from a sudden bout of overeating, rest assured that there are steps you can take to help your furry friend overcome this ailment.
- You can make sure you lessen the amount of food that you are feeding;
- You can feed your animals in separate rooms;
- You might limit the amount of time that the food is left out;
- You can eliminate free feeding;
- You can take steps you make your dog more physically active;
- You can buy toys to make attaining food more challenging; or
- You can stop adding so many goodies to the food that is eaten.
If none of the above remedies work then you should consult your vet to see what exactly might be causing the problem.
Big Dog Blog
Do you read the blog?
Visit the new Big Paws Blog and information on new dogs, fashion, show, and more that's new in the dog world. Click here to visit and start reading.
Welcome to Big Paws Only with the best Big Dog Chat and Message Boards. Registration is Quick & Easy, takes only a few seconds, and allows you to view all of the wonderful pictures of our babies, and chat. Posting Pictures is really easy too, and we host them!