Dog Potty Accidents
Tags: dogs, potty, accident, inside, house, train, bladder, care
There are several reasons that your dog might be going potty inside your house. Below are some of the most common reasons given by various veterinarians:
- Your dog might be not be completely potty trained;
- You god might have a viral infection;
- Your dog might have a degenerative disease like arthritis;
- Your dog might be having some side effects from surgery;
- Your dog might be really excited;
- Your dog might have a really small bladder;
- Your dog might be marking their territory;
- Your dog might have earned to lift his leg and needs to be retrained; or
- Your dog might be frustrated from a change in his/her routine.
If your dog is having accidents, rest assured that there are steps you can take to help your furry friend overcome this ailment.
- You might want to completely redo potty training with your dog;
- You might want to watch your dog carefully to catch him/her before an accident occurs;
- You might want to take them out every two or three hours;
- You might want to give them huge rewards for making it outside;
- You might want to keep them in a crate to limit the room they have to make a mess;
- You might want to get into a routine of taking your dog out in the morning and then right after mealtime; or
- You might need to confine your dog to a bathroom when you leave.
- Also check out this free course on house training a puppy.
If none of the above remedies work then you should consult your vet to see what exactly might be causing the problem.
Big Dog Blog
Do you read the blog?
Visit the new Big Paws Blog and information on new dogs, fashion, show, and more that's new in the dog world. Click here to visit and start reading.
Welcome to Big Paws Only with the best Big Dog Chat and Message Boards. Registration is Quick & Easy, takes only a few seconds, and allows you to view all of the wonderful pictures of our babies, and chat. Posting Pictures is really easy too, and we host them!