Dogs Biting Themselves
Tags: dogs, biting, himself, herself, allergies, stickers, weeds, problems
There are several reasons that your dog might be biting their own body. Below are some of the most common reasons given by various veterinarians:
- Your dog might be suffering from allergies or
- Your dog might have fleas.
- Your dog might have stickers from outside weeds.
If your dog is picking at themselves regularly, rest assured that there are steps you can take to help your furry friend overcome this ailment.
- You can give your dog regular monthly flea treatments; or
- You can identify the source of the allergy. This will take some time because identifying the allergen is a process by elimination. You might need to change food, household products, remove trees and/or plants as well.
If none of the above remedies work then you should consult your vet to see what exactly might be causing the problem.
Big Dog Blog
Do you read the blog?
Visit the new Big Paws Blog and information on new dogs, fashion, show, and more that's new in the dog world. Click here to visit and start reading.
Welcome to Big Paws Only with the best Big Dog Chat and Message Boards. Registration is Quick & Easy, takes only a few seconds, and allows you to view all of the wonderful pictures of our babies, and chat. Posting Pictures is really easy too, and we host them!