Dogs Eating Grass
Tags: dogs, eating, grass, nutrition, deficiency, lacking enzymes
There are several reasons that your dog might be eating grass when you are out playing on the lawn. Below are some of the most common reasons given by various veterinarians:
- Your dog might be fulfilling a need to reach his ancestors;
- Your dog might be self-healing by calming the symptoms of diarrhea or nausea;
- Your dog might be lacking enzymes in their pancreas; and finally
- Your dog might have a case of worms.
If your dog is suffering from a sudden bout of grass consumption, rest assured that there are steps you can take to help your furry friend overcome this ailment.
- You can relax and let them enjoy the occasional appetizer meal of grass; or
- You might witness them in the midst of self-healing in which case you need to help them heal the pain they are in.
If none of the above remedies work then you should consult your vet to see what exactly might be causing the problem.
Big Dog Blog
Do you read the blog?
Visit the new Big Paws Blog and information on new dogs, fashion, show, and more that's new in the dog world. Click here to visit and start reading.
Welcome to Big Paws Only with the best Big Dog Chat and Message Boards. Registration is Quick & Easy, takes only a few seconds, and allows you to view all of the wonderful pictures of our babies, and chat. Posting Pictures is really easy too, and we host them!