Author Topic: Our favorite pics of friends who wait at Rainbow Bridge.. .In memory of Rosie.  (Read 14026 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

I thought this might be theraputic for those of us who have had animal friends who have gone on before us & wait at The Bridge...Wheth er it be dogs, cats, horses, bunnies, guinea pigs, lizards, birds, etc...Lets all show the souls who touched our hearts & lives....I will start with Rosie. 2003?-June 15, 2006...This is one of the pics of her that really captures the dog she was...Though her true essence was this laughing girl her "dark times" made it impossible for her to stay with us....But this....This is how I shall remember my sweet white Rosie. ;D
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 05:30:45 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

Nicole

Re: Our favorite pics of our friends who wait at Rainbow Bridge
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 10:50:31 am »
Aw, Chelle! Great thread idea! I love it! Cool way to remember all the fun and wonderful times we had with our babies...

Here is Bo. My Bozak..so named because of the extreme size of his..umm...boz ak pre-neuter. He was a goof. He made me so angry on so many occasions...li ke when he ate my daughter's mattress. Yup. The whole durn thing. Or the couch....or my really expensive Kenneth Cole sunglasses that Mark gave me. That one was great, cuz after he ate them, he pooped them back out on the living room floor. Jerk.

Or the time he ate about...oh.... 100 tea bags and ran circles around the house for 2 straight hours. Foaming at the mouth. I could almost hear him thinking.."YEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEE ! I LOVE TEA! TEA IS AWESOME! CAN I HAVE MORE TEA?! WHOOO!"

Ok. hahha...remini scing...hehehe ...here he is. My Bo.

Bo and Mama

Isn't he handsome?[/b]

Here's Bo, hitchiking.

And Bo, the most amazing athlete I've ever met...

Here's to you, Bo. I hope you're jumping over trees and stealing all God's tea bags in Heaven, you spastic dork! I love you!

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 10:52:29 am »
here is my ty baby
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 10:53:22 am by nickerbokker »
NICKI

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 11:32:06 am »
He's not a big paw, but this is Sammy. He passed away last year at 2.5-years-old from a congenital heart condition that we didn't know about until after he passed.

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 11:50:58 am »
Poppy
Poppy was 3 years young when he went. We had bottle fed him since he was 2 weeks old and he was definitely my baby!

Max aka Mr. Green Eyes
Max was a stray that just kind of wandered our way one day. We fed him and took care of him. He hated being in the house though, so when I brought him in he'd sit on the window sill and cry. Max was a great boy though.

Simon
Simon was my first big paw dog. He was a great boy and very protective of me growing up. I'll always love him.

Hannah
Hannah was a great girl. She was hyper/loving/sweet. If only we could have had her longer.

"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

chaosndestruction

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 11:56:07 am »
I think this thread  was an awesome idea!

Here's a pic of Princess our Pyrenese/Springer mix, 1989-1999. She had a tumor on her leg and when it was removed it spread to her liver and lungs:( She loved to dig big holes, kill moles and run!

This is Sheba our Great Dane, 1990-1993. She had a tipped uterus and peed the color of coke (the vets hadn't figured out exactly why before she passed). In the end she ended up being very territorial and got in a huge fight with a dog across the street (before we got our fence up, a few months after we moved  here). Her wounds were so bad that we couldn't save her:(

This is my VERY first pet that was all my own. His name was lightning and sadly he passed at only about a year old in 1990, of feline leukemia (it is/was horrible in Eastern Washington/the part of Kennewick we lived in).

This was my brothers kitten and Lightnings brother, Stormy. He passed away at about the same time of feline leukemia:(

doggylover

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 12:01:08 pm »
Chelle, GREAT idea!  This pic is of my husband when he graduated from high school with his first dog, Zac.  David got Zac when he was 7 years old and he loved that dog more than any person in his life.  Zac slept on his bed, went with him fishing, and I think, helped mold David into the sensitive empathic nurturer he is today. 
This one is for Zac...he lived 16 wonderful years. 
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 12:46:32 pm by doggylover »

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 12:16:56 pm »
This is a really nice idea. :)

Here are some of my friends waiting for me:

*Copper, my childhood dog.
*Fawn, one of my sweet huskies.
*Adams, my big guy I had to send to the bridge for aggression towards children.
*Porscha, sister of Fawn.

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 12:20:26 pm »
First is our beautiful clown Lady Samantha of Emerald Isle aka Sammy.  She was a dynamo for her entire life which was from Dec 15, 1993 to May 16, 2003.  She was the most intelligent and amusing 'human' I have ever met.  We will always miss her as she was a huge part of our family.  This is for you Sammy!  Most of the pics are from her olden days.

A head shot:

Her Chair:

« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 12:21:11 pm by chaos270 »
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 12:34:24 pm »
And here's our beloved rescue greyhound Char Macadamia aka Mackey.  She was born April 10, 1992 and came to live with us upon retirement at age 5.  She was the most loving and forgiving dog I've ever met.  She lived to sleep on our couch and never met a person she didn't like.  She was a good racer and a fighter she survive a really bad pyrometra only to succumb to cancer November 10, 2005.  She will forever be in my heart.

Mackey and Hannah

Mackey and Vinnie

Mackey
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

doggylover

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2006, 12:51:38 pm »
ROFL I'm such a dork...Maybe I should try and load that pic again, upside down this time!!!

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2006, 01:47:39 pm »
This is a great idea! This is a picture of my sweet boy, Ben. He was my first dog. He was an Australian Shepherd mix. We got him at 2 months old and I was 7 from the local animal shelter. He was so loyal to us. At 7 years young, he began to show signs of hip dysplasia. As he grew older, he got painful bone spurs on his back and a fungal infection is his lungs. We had to put him to sleep a year ago as of April at the age of 9. I will never forget you, Benny boy!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 02:40:04 pm »
What an awesome thread!  I'll have to keep digging to find my favorite pic of Brant but the one on the table is pretty good.  Brant never knew he was a dog.  He was the most awesome dog I've ever had.  He was so smart, so good, so loving, so happy.  He ranked up there with the Pyrs for selective hearing but he was one in a million!  Sarah's Storming Brant 1/26/89 - 11/30?/2000.

Next was Kresland's Sea Squall Jaeger 6/21/90 - 5/?/2004.  She was not too bright, but a very sweet dog.  Always happy.  How do you get the words to go with the individual pics?  Ah well, I'll do a few at a time and see how it goes.  This pic was taken the winter before she died.

Piper was of the baby of my first 3 dogs that we had for so long all by themselves.  She was Brant's daughter.  She too was smart, sweet, just an awesome dog.  Stormtossed Sandpiper 5/24/92 - 3/28/2006.  This pic is my all-time favorite of her, though I have tons of great and silly ones. 
Daphne

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2006, 02:56:47 pm »
Next are Josh and Jesse, Piper's pups.  They were owned by DH's best friend who died of cancer just after Thanksgiving in 2001 and then the boys came to live with us.  Josh is at the bridge and Jesse will probably join him this week.  Josh and Jesse were born 12/28/94 and Josh died with Piper on 3/28/06.  The first pic is Josh and Jesse as pups and the next was shortly after they came, snuggling together.  The pup labelled Kestrel is one I still kick myself for not keeping.  She was INCREDIBLE but someone kept pestering me for her...

Scout was born in the spring of 2001 and went to the bridge in July of 2003.  He was an adorable puppy but was mentally ill so we had to put him to sleep.  Favorite pic is as a little ball of fur.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2006, 03:01:33 pm by longshadowfarms »
Daphne

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2006, 03:05:18 pm »
One last response - last one gave me fits.  Last, but certainly not least is Thor, the love of my life.  We don't know when he was born but he died of autoimmune problems in early Nov of 2005.  He was my heartbeat.  I've loved many dogs, but none quite like Thor. 
Daphne