Author Topic: New photos: Great Pry Pups (dwarf puppy)  (Read 19706 times)

Offline heartofwisdom

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
    • Heart at Home Blog
New photos: Great Pry Pups (dwarf puppy)
« on: December 04, 2007, 06:45:32 pm »
I wrote a blog enty about Peppy this morning. See
Spiritual Lessons from a Deaf Dog at
http://heartofwisdom.com/blog/spritual-growth/object-lessons/spiritual-lesson-from-a-deaf-dog/

We first thought Peppy was so small because he was the runt of the litter but it soon became apparent he had medical problems. Becasue Peppy is deaf he needs a bell on his color

Deaf dogs display a high level of neediness. They compensate for the lack of hearing by having constant physical touch. Peppy has become my baby and stays in my lap much of the day. He’s a wonderful cuddler. When Peppy is not in my lap I allow him to keep me in his sight by sitting a little box on the counter as I do laundry or cook.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 06:47:02 pm by heartofwisdom »
Robin

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
Re: New photos: Great Pry Pups (dwarf puppy)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 06:51:27 pm »
Awwww, he is sooo cute and cuddly. :)

My Gracie is deaf too (Great Dane). She is clingy sometimes, and when outside she usually stays close to the other dogs. She is VERY smart and has picked up hand signals quickly. Most of the time you don't even think about her being deaf. Now the other dogs are learning the hand signs as well. I always give the veral command when I do them so they are picking them up quickly too.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 06:58:13 pm »
Wow is he a little doll baby!!!! If you need a break cuddling with him,send him over ;)
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 07:07:01 pm »
I don't think that deafness in Great Pyrenees is a big problem. They almost never listen anyways  ::)

I use hand singnals for all the obedince exersises but "come". I could easily use a hand signal for "come" as well. But with Great Pyrenees we have to use lots of super animated voice tones that's why I do it. Lily only comes in the training ring and I never call her else where...what's the point? >:( 

Peppy is such a cuddly little butt  :-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 07:08:34 pm by People Whisperer »
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline heartofwisdom

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
    • Heart at Home Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 07:44:28 pm »
I don't think that deafness in Great Pyrenees is a big problem. They almost never listen anyways  ::)

Too funny and too true!
Robin

Krista I

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 08:19:54 pm »
AWWWWW So cute and cuddly!!  Lookit the face on that!  What are Great Pyr's temperments like??  I was thinking about getting one before I got Timber, and some people told me that they can be agressive, and don't do so well with children??  I know a woman not far from me who had one,and she already has a saint bernard,  and when her great pyr was about 7 or 8 months old, she sold him.  I haven't had a chance to ask her why though.  She still has her saint.   

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 10:38:43 pm »
AWWWWW So cute and cuddly!!  Lookit the face on that!  What are Great Pyr's temperments like??  I was thinking about getting one before I got Timber, and some people told me that they can be agressive, and don't do so well with children??  I know a woman not far from me who had one,and she already has a saint bernard,  and when her great pyr was about 7 or 8 months old, she sold him.  I haven't had a chance to ask her why though.  She still has her saint.   

Pyrs make amzing pets as long as you have the time and patience and love to devote to them.  As we can see with Peppy, my goodness he's adorable.  I couldn't see his pics in the post, but the ones on your blog page were cute.  ;)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 11:09:50 pm »
Any dog can be agressive with the wrong owner or from poor breeding. Great Pyrenees are very lovable, calm and intellegent dogs and homes with children are heaven for them  :)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 11:17:15 pm »
Oh my gosh! They are soooo cute!!! So true that a deaf pyr is no different from one that can hear...hahaha Awww what a lucky pup to be able to sit up on the counters and washer and watch you do laundry. That is sooo cute. What are great pyr parent you are!! And I love the pic of your little boy(?) holding the two of them. So funny! You can definitely tell their size difference!
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline hairprincessnyu

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 12:23:19 am »
How cute are they! Little balls of fluffy love!!
True love is being gone all day, and coming home to a dog who licks your face.

Offline maxsmom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 04:23:35 am »
They are too cute.  I love those fat little bellies.  You must have the patience of a saint.  Love the they don't listen anyway.  Actually my pyr and TM listen much better than Max.  All will come when called in the house, without fail.  In the yard, when I'm calling them in, Max will come towards you and veer off at the last minute to go the other way.  I turn off the light and go inside.  I'll go back in 5-10 minutes and he will be standing at the door, with his head turned sideways, like "Mom, did you forget me?"
Kathy
Max  2 Irish Wolfhound
Jake  2 Great Pyrenees
Cody   3 Tibetan Mastiff
ChiChi 1.5 Caucasian Ovcharka
John and Nicki Maine Coon cats

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 06:21:26 am »
What a cutie! He's so fluffy! I'll cuddle too if you need a break!
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 03:14:28 pm »
What A CUTIE PIE!!  He looks so fluffy and cuddly!!  Those pictures are sooo adorable too.  Yah for you for being such a good mom to your new puppy! :)  Keep the pictures coming!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline dogcrazyforever

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Beretta- 7 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 12:31:42 am »
Aww I love the first pic with the bell! He looks sooo precious in his little shirt :D
What Man Doesn't Understand
Man Fears
And What Man Fears
Man Destroys.

Stop B.S.L.

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 07:14:48 am »
What a doll!!! :)

I hope to see a lot of photos of him. :)
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn