Author Topic: Beautiful red dobergirl needs new home in NC  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Care2Adopt

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • Carolina Animal Rescue Experts
Beautiful red dobergirl needs new home in NC
« on: February 12, 2008, 07:46:08 pm »
Hi guys-

The female that I pulled along with Cody is going up for adoption this weekend as she's been cleared. She needs a special home, a doberman knowledgable home.

Maddie is a very sweet and gentle 4 year old docked and cropped red girl, although she is a tad head strong on the leash, and puppyish in nature. She is spayed, UTD on shots and HW negative. She is a little overweight, but her thyroid looks good. She is housetrained, knows sit, down, shake, stay and speak. She loves to play with toys, is kennel trained and goes right in when you say kennel, and LOVES to run with you. She gets along with other dogs, if they are not too dominate.

Maddie has two requests. Maddie does not appear to like cats, so would prefer a cat free home. And the big one:

Maddie does NOT like children. I temp tested her at the shelter and poked and prodded and pulled her ears and stuck my fingers down her throat and she took it all fine, so we passed her. However, when I took her to the vet to get her shots and her HW test, there was a child in the waiting room and when ever the child would move quickly, Maddie would perk her ears and growl, and would not take her eyes off the little girl. It is obvious she has issues with children. She didn't snarl, snap or bark, just low growls every now and then, but she didn't want to take her eyes off the girl, even when I tried to get her into the exam room, so I would really say no young children. Kids over 10ish would be ok I think, as we have a 12 year old volunteer and she is fine with him, but he is also calm and knows dogs.

Maddie is near Charlotte NC, in foster care. I can help transport him, but we need to get her a home ASAP as she is here with Me, Cody and 6 other fosters and I really don't have the room! (The foster mom she was supposed to go to has small children so I didnt send her there)

If you or anyone you know would be interested in adopting Maddie please email me at Care2Adopt@AOL.com. You can also find her at Adopt Maddie - Doberman Pinscher Dog

Heres pics:

Thanks!

Shawn and her
3 Golden paws
2 Kitty-paws
3 Macaws
6 lovebirds
4 ferrets
+ dozens and dozens o' rescues and fosters

Offline ratdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Beautiful red dobergirl needs new home in NC
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 10:16:38 pm »
I really don't know why I am posting because I can't take them in (though I wish I could) but it just breaks my heart. I don't understand how people can do these things. Poor pups. I pray that they find loving homes with lots and lots of love lavished on them.
Best friends forever:
Tal, my cat, 1990-2007
Ratdog, my dog, 1992-2004

My new love:
Cody