Author Topic: Before & After  (Read 10230 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
Before & After
« on: November 17, 2005, 01:15:11 am »
Thought I'd share Drakes big haircut.  He was getting so shaggy and would get stinky, or "tinky" as we call it, very quickly.  So we took him to get his 4 month cut.  It's not as short as his summer cut, pretty close though.  We're taking up to Tahoe for Christmas and we don't want him to get too cold in the snow.  Everybody seems to really like it short, we do too because it lasts quite a while.  The best part about this, I HAVE ENOUGH FUR NOW FOR A NEWF HAT!  I'm sending it off ASAP.  Yeah, I know, what a weirdo...  ::)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 01:17:57 am by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Kiahpyr

Re: Before & After
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 09:58:11 am »
Wow! Can't wait to see your hat! I'm going to have myself a pyr sweater some day. I'm sure it won't take too long when Kiah starts to blow her coat next year.

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 10:18:07 am »
Ohh...he doesnt look happy with that short coat... LOL...With my CO shaving them is a bad idea...their guard hairs protect them from the winter cold as well as keeping the summer sun off their skin...

I too cant wait to see the hat...I think your on to something LOL
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 12:32:24 pm »
Ohh...he doesnt look happy with that short coat... LOL...With my CO shaving them is a bad idea...their guard hairs protect them from the winter cold as well as keeping the summer sun off their skin...

I too cant wait to see the hat...I think your on to something LOL

He was just PO'd that I was making him pose for the picture and was pouting.  We've been told that about Newf coats too, but some other breeders contradict that.  It doesn't get that cold here in Cali, we don't get snow here in Marin, and his coat is so thick that it keeps him warm and protects his skin from the sun.  But that's just our particular situation.  He just seems happier with the short coat and most people like the look.  I can't wait to get my Newf HAT!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 12:33:34 pm by Newf Lover »

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 12:34:35 pm »
OMG! Look at Drake. He looks naked......poo r baby! ;)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 01:48:58 pm »
I know about the stinky part....Cowboy is laying here next to me and after all the swimming last week he reeks.  I think Drake looks cute...sort of lion like with his big ole fuzzy head!

Where do you go in Tahoe?  I drifted down, with the pups to Truckee last weekend to just have  look around and get the boys out for some stranger-lovin.  Such a cute little town!

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 02:51:46 pm »
I know about the stinky part....Cowboy is laying here next to me and after all the swimming last week he reeks.  I think Drake looks cute...sort of lion like with his big ole fuzzy head!

Where do you go in Tahoe?  I drifted down, with the pups to Truckee last weekend to just have  look around and get the boys out for some stranger-lovin.  Such a cute little town!

Drake really does seem happier and more comfortable with his short coat, you should try it out on Cowboy, he won't be so Tinky.   :P

We have a cabin in South Shore, about a 1/2 mile from the "Y".  It's been great having a place to stay up there.  We go to Emerald Bay, Camp Richardson, Tallac Park and the lake, of course.  I think Drake prefers the Winter time up there, it's a Newf thing.  Truckee is a cute little town, but we haven't spent a lot of time there, usually we're just driving through it to get to the ski resorts.  Maybe we can get the boys together for a Tahoe romp one of these days.  ;D

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 04:17:56 pm »
Sounds like fun!  Lake Almanor is two hours +/-  north of you but my sister has a place on the Keys.  She is much more lady-like than I so the Newfs aren't as welcome as I'd like.  *sigh!  But then her place doesn't have drool and dog hair!  If you ever want to come north, there's plenty of room in the lake for more dogs!

We are going up after Christmas for a week but then probably not again until spring.  Maybe we could get a Northern Cali group together to play!!!

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 07:04:49 pm »
Sounds good, we will be up there for Thanksgiving and New Years.  We plan to go up as much as possible during the Ski season because Drake loves the snow as much as we do, like the picture below obviously shows.  HE LOVES SNOW LIKE A NEWF SHOULD!  A meet up might be possible, I talked to Michael about the same thing and he wants to bring Jaime and Bear up there soon.  Keep the ball rolling....

Lake Almanor is more like 4-5 hours from us.  I spent several summers there and have a lot of nostalgia for that place but it's just a little too far to just go for a weekend.  We'll have to get up there some time in the next few years.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 07:07:50 pm by Newf Lover »

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 07:09:37 pm »
Oh, of course...you don't live full time in Tahoe, huh.  DUH! 

Let's try to pick a group up!  Fun!!! ;D