Author Topic: Chicago - Bark In The Park 2006  (Read 4994 times)

kristi

Chicago - Bark In The Park 2006
« on: April 03, 2006, 08:19:25 pm »
I hope it's ok that I post the following email that I sent out to my friends & family...

Here we go again!

On May 5, 2006, Sampson & I will be participating in the annual Bark In The Park 5K walk to raise funds for the Anti-Cruelty Society of Chicago.

Last year at 7 years old, Sampson completed the whole 5K!  We thought this was amazing because a walk for him is down the block to the stop sign and back!  He even showed up another Bullmastiff who was splayed out in the middle of the path just past the half-way point.  His owner asked how old Sam was, and then she proceeded to say he was embarrassing her because he was only 2 years old!

Any contribution you can make is greatly appreciated.  Please remember that 100% of your donation goes to help the animals. 

To make a contribution, connect to our fundraising page by clicking on the link below.  Be assured that the site is safe and secure.  There are simple directions to assist you in making your donation.

http://www.firstgiving.com/kmeissner

The animals, Sampson and I thank you in advance for your help.
-k.

ps. If you would like further information on the Anti-Cruelty Society, their services and programs, click on the following link. 

www.anticruelt y.org
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 08:24:26 pm by kristi »

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
Re: Chicago - Bark In The Park 2006
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 08:34:47 pm »
Oh, that would be so fun to go to!  But we won't be in the Chicago area quite yet at that time.  If only it was a month later......... although it would probably be too hot then.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 08:56:15 pm »
Hey that's cool- we are having a Bark in the Park here in Nashville too! Will and I are going to be vendors there! We've never been to one before so I am excited! :D

Ours benefits the Wilson County Animal Shelter here in TN. :)

Offline GreatDanz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Truly Great Danes!
    • View Profile
    • Mickey's Gold Bead Adventure
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 08:13:17 am »
Kristi, I totally plan on doing this too, thanks for the information on the sponsor page.

Look for the tall fawn dane, that's Java, and say hello!
-Ericka

Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.  Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. -Albert Einstein

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 08:42:00 am »
Kristi?  you driving over and going home the same day?  That wouldn't be a bad thing to do really.

Offline GreatDanz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Truly Great Danes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 09:34:26 am »
Kristi, you live in Palatine?  I grew up in Rolling Meadows, right over by Plum Grove Jr. High. 

Kinda dorky, just wanted to let you know.  ;D
-Ericka

Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you will find that, behind all the discernible concatenations, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.  Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can comprehend is my religion. -Albert Einstein

kristi

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 09:58:00 am »
Kristi?  you driving over and going home the same day?  That wouldn't be a bad thing to do really.

Yes, Sam & I will be there the day of the event... we don't live too far from the city.
I believe dober_gurl (Megan) will be joining me & Julie had said she was planning on going with Gweck.

Anyone else want to meet up that AM?  We could (sort-of) do a team BPO?  Make it a meet & greet?  Even if you can't make it in time for the start of the walk, there are other fun & cool events that they put on that morning too. ;D

I can see it now...  a whole herd of Big Paws... parading down the lakefront... ooooh, I think there should be t-shirts too!  (Kind of a living, breathing BPO advertisement. .. Oh Michael!...) ;)

-k.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 10:01:15 am by kristi »

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 11:16:14 am »

Yes, Sam & I will be there the day of the event... we don't live too far from the city.
I believe dober_gurl (Megan) will be joining me & Julie had said she was planning on going with Gweck.

Anyone else want to meet up that AM?  We could (sort-of) do a team BPO?  Make it a meet & greet?  Even if you can't make it in time for the start of the walk, there are other fun & cool events that they put on that morning too. ;D

I can see it now...  a whole herd of Big Paws... parading down the lakefront... ooooh, I think there should be t-shirts too!  (Kind of a living, breathing BPO advertisement. .. Oh Michael!...) ;)

-k.

I'll see what's on the calander. I only live 4 hours from Chicago. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 11:21:36 am »
I wonder if Nicole would go too!

kristi

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 11:32:19 am »
I think Nicole is graduating that weekend?
But I know there are more BPO's in the area!
-k.

Offline Boyle

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 12:25:24 pm »
I just signed up!  I would have been embarassed not to since the starting point is a few minute drive from home.  Nola, the b/f and I will be there so look for a goofy mastiff acting like a mental patient.  Now, I must shamelessly solicit friends and family for pledges.  I am really looking forward to this. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 06:34:54 am »
So who's in?  I think we should track down Emma too! 

Offline GreatDanz

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Truly Great Danes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 07:38:31 am »
I'll be there with Java (fawn) and my GF and her pit bull.  You can see their pics on my donation site: http://www.firstgiving.com/java

I noticed on the registration they asked if your dog was intact.  Does anyone know if they'll have issue with Java not being neutered?  I couldn't find anything saying he needed to be.
-Ericka