Author Topic: The Dog Whisperer  (Read 5687 times)

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: The Dog Whisperer
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 04:13:24 am »
here is another link:

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/breaking_news/14505140.htm

Looks like Cesar has a few problems on his hands.

GR8DAME

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006, 04:24:34 am »
Wow. If true, that will be a huge surprise and disappointment to alot of people. So sad either way.
Stella

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006, 08:40:56 am »
Great example of why trainers need to be careful with whom they hire and trust to work their clients dogs.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006, 09:47:52 am »
Wow.

And here, I just heard he was looking for people to submit videos of their pets for new cases for his show:
http://www.dogpsychologycenter.com/submissions.php

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 11:39:16 pm »
I will just wait to see how the case turns out before I make any judgment one way or the other...Believ e none of what you hear & half of what you read...I hate the media..There job is to sell papers, magazines, & get viewers for news programs...I'm not saying that it might not have happened I just distrust the media greatly. :(

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2006, 04:09:43 am »

"Looks like Cesar has a few problems on his hands."

Why am i not suprised?
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2006, 01:05:21 pm »

Why am i not suprised?

I'm not surprised either because it seems whenever someone makes it to the top someone tries to knock them back down :(...I've learned a wealth of advise from The Dog Whisperer & none of it has hurt my dogs but has made me a better dog owner...I will be very surprised if anything comes of this...P.S., when the alleged incident happened Ceasar was not even there...It was an employee who has been accused.

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 08:29:23 am »

Why am i not suprised?

I'm not surprised either because it seems whenever someone makes it to the top someone tries to knock them back down :(...I've learned a wealth of advise from The Dog Whisperer & none of it has hurt my dogs but has made me a better dog owner...I will be very surprised if anything comes of this...P.S., when the alleged incident happened Ceasar was not even there...It was an employee who has been accused.

I'm confident that Cesar Millan will maintain his calm-assertive demeanor, use his Pack Leader status and overcome the attacks from the red-zone dogs.

After all, if you can't run with the big dogs, don't get off the porch.

Go Cesar!   
Sarah

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 09:52:30 am »
It's interesting that this comes up now.  His new book was just reviewed in "Whole Dog Journal" and they basically panned it.  They said it's mostly about his ego and that he did not give any dog training tips, just how great he was.  They were also not happy with his stand on the dominance issue. 

It seems that you can't please everybody all the time!

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 11:18:59 am »
Hi everyone, been very busy but I have to jump in on this topic. I just finished reading Ceasars book The Dog Whisperer. I've watched a few of his shows. I like his ideas. Our daily routine begins with us going out on the trail. I didn't realize how important the exercise factor is. I have not seen him wrestle a dog into submission but he does NOT believe in "hitting" a dog. I also read the article in Newsday about those lawsuits. In my opinion anyone who can get 30 or so dogs, mostly Pitbulls or other "labeled" breeds to get along in close quarters like that must have some clue of what he is doing.
Carolyn (Totally guilty of humanizing my dogs)
Carolyn