Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - pink2378

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
76
Newfoundland Pictures / Re: Lucy
« on: November 13, 2006, 05:07:34 am »
Hi, there!  I'm mom to my own newfy pup named Lucy!! She's 4 1/2 months old andso much fun to have around. I'm new here myself but loving it so far.  Welcome aboard!

77
American Mastiff Discussions & Pictures / Re: Fresca is home!
« on: November 10, 2006, 12:42:33 am »
She is SO adorable!  I just want to kiss her cute little nose! congrats :)

78
Newfoundland Discussions / Re: Wubba Toys
« on: November 09, 2006, 11:56:57 am »
I just bought the reflective one for my Newfie pup.  I can't wait for it to come.  They look like something she will love!

79

Jack still gets frustrated at times.  What dogs do to him is sort of tease him.  They bob around him and as soon as he goes into the play bow they run away.  That really ticks him off.


What do you do when he gets frustrated?

80
How funny is that!? It must come with the name!  Lucys apparently come with spunk!  Maybe I should change her name? 

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome!  I'm glad to be here!

And, yup, she's pretty irresistable -95% of the time anyway! The other 5% I might want to take you up on your offer to take her!!!  LOL

81
LOL, I think that nickname might apply to Lucy as well!  She's can be quite the handful sometimes.  But she's still such a baby so that's to be expected.

We have her in puppy class and she's doing well.  It's good for her to be around all the other puppies and their owners.  I plan on following up with obedience work. 

I hadn't heard of "puppy license".  That is good to know!  I was wondering when the older dog's tolerance would wear out and they'd start treating her differently.

Thanks for all your help!  I really appreciate it!

I'm attaching one of her sweet girl moments that make me fall all googly in love with her.

82
We recently had a older dog at our house that didn't want to play with her and that dog did snap at her and try to put her in her place but it didn't work as I'd hoped.  Instead Lucy just got more frustrated and barked more and more at her and then the older dog just started avoiding/ignoring her which lead to more barking etc.  So I ended up putting Lucy in her kennel to calm her down. I guess we'll just have to step up our efforts to get her out there and learning more doggy behaviour.  Thanks for your input.  It's good to know that it's something that she should grow out of. 

83
Hi there!  I have a 4 Ĺ month newfie pup named Lucy.  She is normally so sweet and well behaved (well, for a puppy!)  and she LOVES to play with other dogs.  The problem comes when the other dog doesnít want to play with her.  She just kind of goes insane barking and running around and sometimes growling.  She is almost uncontrollable unless I put her on a leash and then every 20 seconds Iím having to put her in a sit or a down and making her chill out.  Is this normal?  Will she grow out of it?   I havenít had a puppy before and Iím not sure what normal puppy behavior is.  I donít want to freak out if sheíll just grow out of it but I want to correct it if itís something that she needs to learn not to do.  Help!  Thanks ???

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]