Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 3346 times)

Offline migrandl

• Gnawer
  • My girl Trouble at 10 years old -
    • View Profile
Howdy
« on: May 15, 2006, 12:32:38 pm »
Hi all!  Newbie to the forums here.  My name is Marilyn, I live in Upstate NY with hubby of 24 years, 19 yo daughter, 16 yo son and soon to be 12 yo German Shepherd named Moose.  I was previously owned by a beautious Newfy named Trouble who crossed the bridge at the ripe age of 13 years!!!  Currently we are in the process of providing a new forever home to a newfie/?border collie mix.. only problem is, she's currently being boarded in WV, and we're in Upstate NY.  HOPEFULLY the rest of the legs will be worked out so that she can come home this coming weekend!  Keep your fingers crossed for us!  Time to get it in gear to get to work, so I'll post more later/tomorrow.
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia " (Charles Schultz)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 01:47:42 pm »
Hi and welcome to BPO! I'm Jaime and have a 3 year old Newf named Bear. I can't wait to see your pup.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 02:49:46 pm »
Hi there! I'm Marissa and am mom to Saint Bernard Dolly and Alaskan Malamute Zoey! Welcome to Big Paws Only! So excited to see your new dog!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline migrandl

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 10:00:59 pm »
Hi Jenn!  Nice to meet you.  I've copied and pasted the coordinator's email with the necessary information... . IF you can help, contact her. 

Tentatively scheduled for May 20 & 21st, 2006

Responsible Rescue: Autumn Acres Animal Rescue Organization
Coordinator: Donna Palen
Emergency #'s i.e. Run: 816-776-3022 cell 928-458-0616
Coordinator email : dpalen@msn.com or donna@autumnacres.org
Reason for transport: Going from shelter/boarding to new home
Going to: screened forever home in Queensbury, NY(Marilyn Deniston)

BREED: Newf. mix
NAME/AGE: Cindy is about 1.5 yrs old (estimated)
VET RECORDS:  Rabies Certificate
UTD ON SHOTS:  Yes
DEWORMED:  Yes
NEUTERED: Yes
CRATE: Optional

From boarding in WV to Hagerstown, MD via shelter volunteer on the 22nd of April. He arrives in Hagerstown around 2pm.

Saturday, May 20th

1. Hagerstown to Baltimore, MD - 74 miles - 1 hour, 10 min.- 2:30pm-3:40pm - NEEDED

2. Baltimore, MD to Wilmington, DE - 69 miles - 1 hour 5 min. - 3:50p-4:55p - NEEDED

3. Wilmington to Trenton, NJ - 64 miles - 1 hour - 5:10p-6:10pm -NEEDED

Overnight NEEDED in Trenton, NJ (or Newark)

Sunday, May 21st

4. Trenton to Newark, NJ - 55 miles - 1 hour - 8am-9am - NEEDED

5. Newark, NJ to Tuxedo Park, NY- 56 miles - 1 hour - 9:10a-10:10am - NEEDED

6. Tuxedo Park, NY to Kingston, NY - 59.5 miles - 1 hour 5 min. - 10:20am- 11:25am -NEEDED

7. Kinston, NY to Queensbury, NY - FILLED BY NEW OWNERS

Thank you,
Donna
Autumn Acres Animal Rescue Org.

Marilyn
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia " (Charles Schultz)

Offline migrandl

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 11:04:11 pm »
Hi Marissa!  Nice to meet you too.  Will 'introduce' everyone to my new dog as soon as we finally get her here to Upstate NY... right now she's in WV awaiting transport.  As soon as she arrives in her new forever home, I'll be posting pictures.  The pic I've put up currently is of my first Newf, Trouble who crossed the bridge at 13 years old... no, that's NOT a misprint.. 13 years old!!! 

Marilyn

Offline migrandl

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 11:21:33 pm »
Hi Jaime!
Thanks for the welcome!  I can't wait to see my new girl either LOL.  Hopefully all works in getting transport together and I'll be meeting her on Sunday.