Author Topic: Had an exciting interview yesterday (o:  (Read 4202 times)

k2campbell

Had an exciting interview yesterday (o:
« on: May 19, 2006, 08:14:13 am »
I work at an Engineering firm where I am unappreciated and just sick of the politics.  I am sick of the industry overall I guess, it’s oil & gas.  Sick of the drive too, 1 hr and 45 mins each way (there & home), it’s really starting to wear on me (have been here for 5+ years)… :P

Anyhow, had an interview yesterday at Alberta Agriculture, within the Poultry division.  It took me 7 minutes to get there from my house!  The interview went really well, I think I would like the job a lot.  It’s sort of what I’m doing now (contract administration, project management) but of course in the agriculture industry – something that’s always interested me! ;D

I should here back next week after the long weekend, please send positive thoughts my way – I think I would really love the job and everyone was really nice, seemed like a pretty relaxed work atmosphere.  I must say though that's the 1st time I've had a panel interview with 5 employees sitting in on it!  I've only ever had 2 or 3 employees interview me together before.  Suprisingly, I wasn't too nervous!  Another HUGE plus would be that I could go home at lunch to spend time with Kate – how AWESOME would that be?! :) 

I’m trying not to get too excited, but it’s hard.  I told Eric last night that if it’s meant to be, it will happen and that I would only want it to happen if it’s the right job for me! ;)

Just had to share with my BPO family! 

Icerotti

Re: Had an exciting interview yesterday (o:
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 08:16:54 am »
Wow that sounds like a great change. Best of luck ;D

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 08:18:48 am »
Sounds like a wonderful job for you! We're sending positive thoughts and vibes to you!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 08:21:33 am »
You go girl!
how exciting...  change can be such a good thing... and this is coming from a person who has been at same job for 10 years and is soooooo flippin' BORED with it... but enough about me...lol... Sounds like you rocked your interview.... wwaahoooo! Hope the news is good next week! we are sending positive thoughts from Atlanta!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 08:26:37 am »
7 minutes from your house to work? That sounds like a dream come true! We'll keep our fingers and paws crossed for you!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 08:30:52 am »
Good luck.  I know 2 more hours with mommy would make Kate one happy girl.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 09:46:37 am »
It sounds PERFECT!! Fingers and paws crossed here, too!!! :) :)

Offline berners

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 02:59:15 pm »
The job sounds wonderful and a 7 minute commute compared to what you are doing - how great is that? Wishing you some Leo Luck!
Jocelyne

Bart - Bernese Mountain Dog
Jessie - Leonberger
Cooper - Leonberger

cricket36580

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 04:16:31 pm »
That's wonderful news indeed!  I'm very happy for you!

k2campbell

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 06:59:11 pm »
DARN - I didn't get the job :'(

He just called me to let me know I was:

- 1st on his list
- the most impressive
- would be the most successful in the position
- bring the most to the table

Yet they hired the 2nd short-listed girl as they went in the same order as originally interviewed (so she was interviewed before me) and when they met with her today they offered her the job.  WTF?  I don't understand that one...

He also said that my resume and interview were both "so impressive" he decided that "he couldn't afford me"!  I'm a little pissed with this as I would have at least appreciated the opportunity to let them know I was willing to take a significant pay cut as the office for this position is 7 minutes from my house (as opposed to my 1 hr 45 min drive to & from work now).  But most importantly that I am VERY interested in the Agriculture industry itself, and would have taken a significant pay cut to get my foot in the door...

I'm bitter - but I'll get over it.  I just wish he hadn't told me all those "great" points about me, cause it makes me wonder why he wouldn't have had me in again to talk about it.  They were kind words (but) they also hurt when I think I didn't get a 2nd chance because of those points...

Whatever - I told Eric I wouldn't want the job unless it was right for me, and if it was meant to happen it would have.  Just a little bummed right now, as I do appreciate my current job (as in appreciate the fact I have a job that allows us to hold a mortgage and have a good life ;)) but I HATE it there so much right now, and the way things are going it ain't getting any better... :P

I was really hoping for this one.  Real bad.  :'(
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 07:02:15 pm by k2campbell »

k2campbell

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 07:16:16 pm »
Awwwww ... Kelly, I think that sucks!  I hate the whole "overqualified" aspect.  You're right ... it is nice to know that you rock, but it really does hurt at the same time.  Hang in there.  Good things are BOUND to be in store for you.  That just means you're meant for something bigger and better out there!!!

Aw - thanks Jenn, you already made me feel better! ;) :-*

I just wish I'd stop crying - I'm a pathetic fountain of tears right now!  Kate keeps looking at me like "what's your problem woman"? ::)

I'm gonna try and stop feeling sorry for myself now - SERIOUSLY! :-[
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 07:53:00 pm by k2campbell »

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 09:55:22 am »

if it was meant to happen it would have. 

Keep putting out your feelers and the ONE you were meant to have will show up.  Who knows, the girl they hired may not work out and he'll call up begging you to come there.

Every time I've taken a job with a pay-cut, because it's fewer hours, "less stress" or whatever -- never worked out.  But that's just me.
Sarah

k2campbell

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 09:22:23 pm »
Thanks everyone for your kind words regarding this ;)

Thanks also for those who did a little "bashing-the-silly-man-who-said-I-was-too-good", appreciate it! :D

I'm glad to hear you guys consider me "good people", aw - I feel so special! ;) :-*  Thanks!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 09:26:23 pm »
I'm sorry you didn't get the job!...If I were you I'd call him & tell him if the new girl doesn't work out you are still interested. :)