Author Topic: Puppies are due TODAY  (Read 14278 times)

doggylover

Puppies are due TODAY
« on: May 20, 2006, 03:23:39 pm »
OMG the puppers are due today.  This morning I bounded out of bed in excitement.  My husband totally forgot it was the big day, so he just looked bewildered by my enthusiasm (I'm pretty sure he misinterpreted the whole display as an indication that he may get sex...poor guy). 
I'm not sure how I can be expected to go through the day as if it isn't PUPPY DAY!  All I want to do is talk about puppy things and maybe run over to Petsmart under the guise of needing toys for Badger just on the chance that I might see a PUPPY!!!
 :D :D ;D ;D :D :D ;D ;D

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Puppies are due TODAY
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 04:36:56 pm »
You must be so excited! Are you getting a boy or girl? What breed of dog, another rottweiler? Sorry for my inattentivenes s, but from the sound of your post, I don't think you'll mind telling me about the puppy, right?  ;)
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

doggylover

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 05:56:15 pm »
You guys are gonna make me talk about this AGAIN???   HAHAHAHA we are getting a fawn bullmastiff girl puppy and her name is going to be 'Gosshawk' but we are going to call her 'Gossy' for short!!!  She is going to have a little furry roundy belly and big puppy feet and puppy breath and she is going to be super naughty!!!
yayayayayaayay
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 08:41:31 pm »
So did she deliver today?  You must be super excited still...we want pics!!!!
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

doggylover

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 06:54:41 pm »
Momma had to have an emergency c section this morning because one of the pups died last week in-utero and the mother could have died if she didn't get the pups out immediately.   :'(
On the HAPPY side, Mom is feeling better, is going to be OK and there are several FAWN (which is what we hoped hoped hoped for) females.  Six total puppers, don't know yet how many of them are girls.  I am SOOOOOOO happy. 
We were the 'first in line' for a female, pet quality puppy.  Do any of you know how the puppy is chosen?  Does the breeder choose who gets what or do we get to pick her, or how does this work? 
::jumping up and down running around screaming 'PUPPY'::
 ;D
Oh Oh Oh we get to pick her up July 1st!!!!!!!

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 07:56:38 pm »
It depends on the breeder...they may do a personality match or they may divide the litter between show and pet quality and give you pick of the pet quality.  I'd ask them what they do so you know.  I'm glad to hear that mom is doing well it's too bad about that puppy though.  I'm excited for you!
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

doggylover

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 08:18:38 pm »
Thanks for that bit of info!  I took a real liking to 'Fancy' the mother dog, so I was relieved to hear that she was doing well.  This is her last litter, its too bad that it couldn't have gone better for her.  I think the pup that died must have had something really wrong with him/her.  I felt sad when I heard that though...poor little puppy. :'(

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 09:54:20 am »
You sound VERY excited - it is so nice to see the enthusiasm for your newest addition.  I'm glad the Mama is doing well.  Sorry for the pup  :(

Looking forward to pictures and stories!!

May the countdown to pick up begin!

Randy  &  Harley

Offline Boyle

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 11:51:24 am »
Congratulation s!  Post pictures of the dame and sire if you have them. 

The wait to get your puppy is just a killer!  When we were waiting for Nola, I think I was counting down by minutes. Only 43,200 minutes to go....

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 11:55:27 am »
Congrats on getting your new puppy!  I bet you can't wait to bring her home!!  I am sure that wait will be very long too, so I hope time zips by quickly for you!  Post those pics as soon as you get them.

Anita & the 3 Newfies from NJ

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 12:48:18 pm »
When do we get to see pictures??
I am kind of a big deal!

doggylover

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 03:02:57 pm »
Congratulations!  Post pictures of the dame and sire if you have them. 

I have the website but I don't have pics other than those...I don't think we are supposed to post breeders here, or I would just link her page and tell you all who the parents are...
I'm way too excited for words.  We get to pick her up July 1st...I think I already said that.  This is my most favorite thing, I LOVE having to wait for stuff.  I have her new crate and new little baby blanky, and her own water bowl.  We saved all of Badger's collars and thought we would use them for her for sentimental reasons, even though I am DYING to go to petsmart and buy pink collars in EVERY size they have. 
Last night I had a dream about them again.  I dreamt that it was pick up day and we took all of the puppies home!  My husband looked terrified when I told him that...TERRIFI ED. 
HEEE
 ;D ;D :D :D

doggylover

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 03:04:15 pm »
When do we get to see pictures??
I'm not sure, I am almost afraid to ask the breeder, I've already bugged her 4873 times plus some.  If I can wrangle a picture I'll post immediately!!!!
 :D

doggylover

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 06:05:45 pm »
PUPPY!!!!! OMG How am I supposed to wait 6 weeks?  Tell me how!   HOW HOW HOW????? ??? :D ???

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 06:26:12 pm »
Little tip for ya. The pink collars from Petsmart, like the neon pink ones? Yeah, they leave a nice big bright pink ring around your dog's neck for like 5 months. Not kidding! Dolly just now got hers to fade and it's been 7 months since I got her! Thought you might like to know that!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."