Author Topic: Does anyone get DogFancy?  (Read 6645 times)

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Does anyone get DogFancy?
« on: May 20, 2006, 04:42:21 pm »
I subscribe to DogFancy (love it!!!!) and this month, the featured breed was the Doberman Pinscher! Thought some of you would like to know that! I thought of all the Dobermen on here after I saw it. If you get the magazine, how true was the article to your dobbie personal experience? Usually, they're pretty accurate with their articles. What's your fave part of this magazine if you get it?
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

EllieAndBlu

Re: Does anyone get DogFancy?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 10:00:39 am »
I LOEV DogFancy and am also a subscriber! I don't think I've gotten the dobie issue yet - but cant wait cause my Ellie is half dobie. Is it the June issue?

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 12:20:50 pm »
WOW - that is tragic.... and irresponsible to represent dobies in a not-people-friendly manner.... because that is not true. Yes, the dobie's "job" is to protect and my Ellie (half dobie, half pit)does a stellar job of protecting the yard from squirrels and birds... but she will lick the face off humans... and is NOT happy until her tongue makes contact with a face....as seen here in the pic with grandma!   :)

I will be searching for that DogFancy article when I get home!

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 12:45:25 pm »
It is because of Dog Fancy magazine that I have Harley.

When my Stoli Dog (English Springer Spaniel) was still alive I had subscribed to Dog Fancy.  I was reading an article about the Flat Coated Retriever and thought that is what I would like next time.  A few years went by but I had kept the magazine and looked it up and decided that yes that was what I wanted.  I didn't know how difficult it would be to find one, but I did and Harley and I are best buds - most of the time.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 12:46:57 pm »
Yes, the dobie's "job" is to protect and my Ellie (half dobie, half pit)does a stellar job of protecting the yard from squirrels and birds

hahahahah -- yes, Kizmet keeps us protected from the ever present, and oh so vicious, monster twigs in our yard.  You have to watch out for those suckers!

now THAT is funny!
Perhaps Kizmet can come over and teach Ellie the art of protecting from twigs/sticks because I am forever tripping over them and usually stubbing my toe!

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 07:04:31 pm »
I did find that one part odd and rather negative. But I honestly didn't think the rest of the article was in that tone at all. It was very good except for that part. But then I don't own a dobie, so I don't know how accurate it was, only that it was a positive (for the most part) article. Beautiful pictures too!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 08:02:14 am »
This month's DogFancy just arrived in the mail yesterday.... with a gorgeous dobie on the cover! I haven't had a chance to read the article yet - but plan to today... if anyone would like a copy - I would be happy to fax it or send it via snail mail (I don't have a scanner)