Author Topic: our other four leggers  (Read 10776 times)

Offline morticiaangie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
our other four leggers
« on: June 03, 2005, 09:53:12 am »
anyone want to share pictures of your other four legged kids? we have shared everything else now - so I thought it would be fun to see what other pets people have besides their BIG kids...

these are my cats Burt (tabby) and Sally (black & white)
our baby box turtles
and Stoops my husbands beagle (he is blind in one eye - that is why it looks strange)

Can't wait to see your other babies
"The life given us by nature is short; but the memory of a well-spent life is eternal."
~ Cicero 106-43 BC

Offline morticiaangie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: our other four leggers
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 10:19:33 am »
How freaking sad - a hamster with mange!!! I have a hamster that I "rescued" from some so called friends - they were getting high and blowing it in the hamsters face then playing catch with her - I am not sure that the drugs affected her - but it just seemed mean!!!
"The life given us by nature is short; but the memory of a well-spent life is eternal."
~ Cicero 106-43 BC

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 10:33:00 am »
I was wondering if someone would post this. Here are our cats. Molson and Bud. Molson is short hair and 8yrs old and Bud is long hair and 4yrs old. We also have a chinese fighting fish and a snail but no pics. Im sure that throughout the summer we will have an assortment of wild animals. We had a frog a couple of days ago but the kids say Judge ate it ???  :o
coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

nickerbokker

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 10:37:25 am »
eeewwww coonie LOL

and for the turtle pic....i was eating butter and bread (im supposed to eat healthy now and it doesn't seem to be happening)...and i saw those turtles, and i couldn't eat anymore!  i dont know what it is, but anything like a turtle or frog or snake makes me loose my appetite!  dont get me wrong, i was the best frog catcher in my neighborhood, but they just gross me out!  CUTE LITTLE THINGS THOUGH!

and all the kitties and and EVERYTHING else is SOOO cute!

love this post!

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 11:29:29 am »
what a great idea. Burt looks a lot like my Trouble, I will see if I can either find or take pics of my "other" kids. Is it Stoops left eye that is blind??? How is he managing things, can you tell a big difference or has he always been blind in one eye??

Coonie, your kitties are adorable too, I used to have one red cat his name was Konrad, he was a lover, your cats look like they are close.......

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2005, 01:29:24 pm »
eeewwww coonie LOL

and for the turtle pic....i was eating butter and bread (im supposed to eat healthy now and it doesn't seem to be happening)...and i saw those turtles, and i couldn't eat anymore!  i dont know what it is, but anything like a turtle or frog or snake makes me loose my appetite!  dont get me wrong, i was the best frog catcher in my neighborhood, but they just gross me out!  CUTE LITTLE THINGS THOUGH!

and all the kitties and and EVERYTHING else is SOOO cute!

love this post!

If frogs gross you out you HAVE to see the one that carries its eggs in nasty puss pockets on it's back and when they hatch the little tadpole guys swim out!  I was prego the first time I saw that on Discovery or some channel and I threw up :-X  I get queesy everytime I think of them so I figured I would gross you out too! ;D  Don't mention it...

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 02:07:49 pm »
Here are my other legs.

The cat is Trouble, she is a darling, when she feels like it, that is.

The bird is x-man (my son named him  ::)) he had me working, he was just taking a bath, I thought Id get one of him when he was spashing around, but all I got was a wet cam. lol..... After the bath, he decided to go bully one of his toys, Malin tried to coax him down a bit so I could get him without the toy filling up the whole pic, all that did, was that I got Malins hand in bottom part of the pic, the only one that turned out somewhat okay, her finger was sticking up in a not too nice way  ::) she was trying to get him to come down she says, I hope that is true hehe

The critters you see only a bit of, is Ralphie and Mickie. I had to wake them up, they are now not my friends  ;D They have this big cage, with 1/3 of it filled with a tunnel, they play, sleep and store food in it. After I had the nerve to wake them up, they were not in the mood to be in any pics. I could only get headshots. The first pic is Mickie the second Ralphie. They are Degus and native to chili, in the squirral family and they chew everything that come in their way, they get new tunnel parts and new chewtoys and new ladders every so often, they chew up even the hardes food dish But they are too too funny. They talk with a little chirp, and when they get scared they sound like they bark. Ohhhh and if they feel like they are cornered they BITE, and they got BIIIIG teeth hehe (yep..... I have personal experience  :P)

Marit

Offline morticiaangie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 02:21:17 pm »
What fun pets we all have!!!

Marit - Stoops is blind in his right eye. He was blind when we adopted him from the beagle rescue group here in Oklahoma City. He gets along just fine - when he is playing or acting silly he will run into things - ALOT - but it doesn't seem to phase him - and he is not much for playing fetch - I think he loses stuff when it gets to far too fast. It also makes him cock his head to the side when he is looking at you - toooooo cute - I will have to try to catch him doing it sometime. He was quite the sob story when I got him - heartworm positive, blind in one eye (vet suspects a blow to the head), hit by a car (but not what caused the blindness) and shot with a bb gun - the bb is still in him. But one look at him and I had to have him - little did I know he would turn out to be a pisser - he marks everything in the house - I can't seem to break him of it!!!! Wish me luck - one of us is going to end up dead if it doesn't end soon!!!!  ;)
~ Cicero 106-43 BC

Offline morticiaangie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2005, 02:28:40 pm »
So sorry to make you sick nicker!!! and I thought you were such a tough girl - WIMP!!!! I can't believe that makes you queasy - after I read about the slobber syrup on your pancake!!!!  ;D

Coon - Molsen and Bud? - beer family????  ;)

Read about the fish - forgot to include mine...... here they are
Mickey, Guppy and Barney - I know I am a wierdo - I took them a long time ago cuz I thought it would make cool wallpaper for the computer!
~ Cicero 106-43 BC

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2005, 02:29:31 pm »
what a good doggy mom you are  :D I love to hear stories like that, how a injured and sick doggy is taken in, and gets to live out his days in the best possible family (peeing or not hehe)

It also makes me outraged to hear about the BB gun, it is scary common though, but it makes me see red every time I hear stories about dogs being shot or abused in any other way

Marit

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2005, 02:49:35 pm »
How did you guess Morti? Im surprised that Judge wasnt named Blue. HEHEHE.
Love the fish pics. I have my fighting fish in an aquarium. He does really well in there.
The kids LOVE all the pics. Thanks everyone. Now they want to go get a hampster and a turtle.  :o Nope MOM has her hands full for now.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline NatsaintB

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2005, 02:58:44 pm »
Okay, I got out my camera and fought with the puter just to get these on here!  We have two guinea pigs named Lucy and Desi and a fake dalmation ;D!  Lucy is the grey wooly pig with the lisp and Desi is the suave good lookin one with the Cuban accent and cowlicks (he's mine :-*)  The dog was a gift from my FIL to my kids a couple years back.  He said it was the perfect dog - doesn't eat much and never needs to go out! 

nickerbokker

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2005, 03:07:02 pm »
thtas a swell present.

I HAVE PIX TOO....HOLD ON....

dohertyswissy

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2005, 03:16:12 pm »
Cute idea!  This is my 8 year old cat Tigger....runn ing down the hall after he realized Ranger was in the bath.  I think he thought he might be next.... LOL  ;D

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2005, 03:19:34 pm »
Ok Heather...now I'm critizing your mommy abilities, but that is so dark water. What was Ranger into before he took the bath??
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.