Author Topic: Dumbest Post EVER!!!  (Read 10978 times)

doggylover

Dumbest Post EVER!!!
« on: May 26, 2006, 12:21:22 am »
OK so tonight hubby and I went to Petsmart and bought our soon to be here puppy's FIRST collar.  We were going to use Badger's old pup collars, but she had to have a PINK one.  David kept trying to pick 'less girly' ones, and I finally ended up throwing a mini-tantrum, screaching, "she's a GIRL".  We agreed on a pink rainbow collar, I wanted a pink one with little roses made out of ribbon on it, and he wanted a stupid one with studs on it, as if we would ever have a dog whose personality was 'studdish'.   
Next time, I SWEAR I'm leaving him home, AND I'm painting her little nails pink the MOMENT I get her home!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D ::)

Blair

Re: Dumbest Post EVER!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 05:39:24 am »
Hehehehe. 

We always get male pets.  My poor husband is so outnumbered here, it's the least I can do for him.

Jack is definately his son.

Tina

Yeap thats why we have 4 male dogs....so my husband can finally out number the girls in this house  :D

GR8DAME

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 07:20:23 am »
Raven has a collar with smiley faces all over it, total false advertising for my attitude-laden nasty girl! I have never won the battle of the pink collar. To make matters worse, the girls are outnumbered too. But half the boys are nuetered, so do they count? <Not telling which ones...>
LOL
Stella

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 07:25:45 am »
LOL I love the pink collars...the rose one is what Rosey the weim has and so does Sable and Vixen :)  I got Atticus a neon pink shorty leash...lol Jamie hates it!  And of course I paint his nails.  The kids on the street say "hey...isnt that the dog with the blue nails???"

Yep,......That was Rosie's first collar. We are now one our third pink collar. We had to forgo the rose one though :'(. Farley kept picking the flowers off ::) Rosie has a pink patent leather one now.

I went to the store with my daughter and no husband. Thats how we got a pink collar ;)  I said well Lexi picked out the collar for her...my husband just rolls his eyes..lol

Offline princessnmi

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 08:04:42 am »
A few years ago I had a mini dachshund named Oscar. I he was my baby...but ANYTIME he saw nail polish he would roll over and whine and whine until I painted his nails. He ALWAYS had his nails painted. The lady who cut his nails always laughed. I can't get pink collars for my girls, Hubby won't let me. I did get purple for one of them, but now Robin has a red one and Brody has a leopard print one.
Proudly owned by: Robin-3 yr old Lab mix, Brody 14 month old Great Dane, Moose a 6 month old dane
Loved by my beautiful daughter Makaylee and my soon to be adopted sons Richard and Jay And the husband too I guess

doggylover

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 01:47:43 pm »
ROFL if MY girl puppy 'wants' her nails painted (like if she whines for it like that) I'm painting them!
I wanted a Newfy and a Saint, and hubby wanted a Rotty and a Bullmastiff, so I explained to him that if he got to pick which breeds, I get to dress them.  (I now love love love the breed choices, BUT, will never ever admit that, cause then I don't have negotiating power!)
You all just wait...Gossy will have a flower dress and pink nails and a sun hat before I'm finished!

doggylover

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 01:49:07 pm »
I just realized right after I posted just now, that she will probably look like a transvestite cross dresser being a bullmastiff in a dress, but I DONT CARE! :D :D :D :D

Offline jjcj

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 06:26:16 pm »
OMG to funny but Mags had that same smiley face coller till last night when I found a pink one at walmart.
Then when at  the mall we went into that make a bear store and got her a pink straw hat and they gave me some bows that we actually put on the coller.
Hubby doesn't care cause it is my dog.  He didn't want her and acts tough.  Till he thinks nowone is looking then he loves on her but can't admit it to me.  Though when he noticed that dukes ( 165 lb mastiff x ) nails were painted purple he wasn't to happy.

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 06:51:24 pm »
Confession, I don't feel a need to get in touch with my feminine side and I don't watch queer-eye, but I think a big dog with a bow or something is great. It just looks so out of place, it's perfect.  I'd love to see a rottie with painted nails, I bet people would do a double take. 
« Last Edit: May 26, 2006, 06:51:41 pm by brandon »
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 12:00:10 am »
When we went to get Pippin Sam;s old collar was just fine...But our "little" Rosie needed her own collar...No pink for my girl though...We decided she was a racey red type of 'gal! ;D

doggylover

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 01:25:55 am »
Gypsy, You know what's interesting... I never put it together until I just read your post about Pippin's 'racy red collar' but there is something special and important about getting a collar for a dog.  We have every single collar Badger has ever owned, and it just felt wrong to use his, like it was 'replacing him' it was wrong to use his collars for her,for his sake, and for hers. 
I brought this collar home and it is sitting on our dining room table, every time I pass it, I pick it up and hold it, its like the first part of having her.  It feels huge, and awesome to think that in a few weeks we are going to meet a spirit that we are going to love forever, and that I can already look at the new collar she will wear. 
I'm getting stupidly emotional about this collar thing, but I think it's just more important than I realized.