Author Topic: Flood pictures from Lowell, MA  (Read 2943 times)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Flood pictures from Lowell, MA
« on: May 26, 2006, 12:02:10 pm »
Hello all,
Now that we've dried out up here I can relax a bit. Here are some pictures from the flood. My neighbor took these. I was inside where it was safe and (sort of) dry. I still have to get the pics I took of the flooded river after the storm developed since Sadie decided to eat my digital camera. She's so lucky she's cute or I'd have killed her by now.
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

EllieAndBlu

Re: Flood pictures from Lowell, MA
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 12:04:24 pm »
Those pics are unbelieveable! Glad you and Sadie were safe!

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 02:19:56 pm »
Our house is ok. We had icky water (i.e. raw sewage) in the basement, but other than that we're fine. Finally got everything cleaned up last night and my neighbor sent those pictures this morning, I couldn't believe it. Most of my pictures will undoubtedly be of the hot military policemen that were on our street for almost a week. Can't wait to pick those pictures up!  ;)We were sad to see them go.

I grew up in the town next to Woburn, Burlington! That's too funny that you were there!
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 07:19:29 pm »
Yikes! My area was luckier - we had steady rain but not heavy enough to flood, thank gosh!
RIP former BPO

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 08:20:20 pm »
Wow...glad you are ok. Hope you dry up fast! oh yeah...can't wait to see your pictures ;)

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 09:11:08 pm »
Missed you this past week. The pics look more like the South after a hurricane than a city in New England.
Did our little girl Sadie get spayed or are you putting it off after the events of the past 2 weeks?

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2006, 06:34:55 am »
Most of my pictures will undoubtedly be of the hot military policemen that were on our street for almost a week. Can't wait to pick those pictures up!  ;)We were sad to see them go.

HAHA, thats great! Im sure our pictures would be of the same! :) Glad to see that you guys are all cleaned up!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2006, 06:40:39 am »
Wow...glad you guys are ok.  Hot mp's always help a situation :))
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2006, 09:53:53 am »
Glad to hear you are fine, and Sadie, and the house. But like you said, I'll bet those hotties made it worth it, huh?
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 03:12:23 pm »
From Jacksmom :<<<Heheheheh.  Hot Military Police.  Glad to know you weren't suffering.

I actually spent a fair amount of time in Burlington that weekend.  Had lunch at The Rainforrest Cafe in the mall and spent a few hours at Layhee Clinic's ER with my father.>>>

LOL, no we weren't suffering at all. THAT is when having a cute fluffy black dog works out great for ya!  ;) I can't wait to pick the pictures up, and you better believe I'll be posting those as well so we can all drool to beat the big paws. Well most of us will anyway  ;D Hope everything's ok with your Dad!

Tim, I did postpone Sadie's spay indefinitely for a couple of reasons. We have an x-ray scheduled at Tufts with my old dog's vet in 2 weeks and I'm also going to have to leave her for a weekend in a couple of weeks. I don't want to spay before that anyway, and definitely not so close together. I'm afraid that would be entirely too traumatic for my little drama queen to be 'abandoned' twice by Mommy.
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 10:12:26 pm »
Her BPO uncles and aunts will all have to come to town when you leave, that way Sadie won't even realize your gone. Plus we can all share the responsibility of fielding all of your concerned Momma calls.

P.S. You've prepared your friend for your inevitable flood of calls right.