Author Topic: One week down and feeling blah  (Read 7747 times)

doggylover

Re: One week down and feeling blah
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 11:22:30 am »
I'm sharing Barkley's story with all my dog-loving friends -- somehow being part of BPO gives me the feeling like all these dogs are all of our dogs.

I feel the same way.  Hearing about the big dog's antics every day, paired with seeing their ridiculously cute pictures makes them feel like part of them belongs to all of us. 
Hugs to you, I hope you begin to feel a little better very soon!
 :'(

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2006, 11:50:06 am »
We miss Barkley too and like you wish that he was here still. I think it is great that you are posting in the Newfy section. You are right where you belong, where your heart is.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 03:00:32 pm »

Go ahead and feel as bad as you feel.  Who cares if stupid people don't get it?  We love you, and we want you to really feel better, but it takes some time.  If you pretend you're feeling better just to be social, it will just take that much longer for you to acutally feel better. 

So don't make it harder on yourself.  It's hard enough to be without your boy.  We can send someone to bite your evil stepkids... :-*:-* :-*

Sheryl, Dogless and sad

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2006, 03:12:07 pm »

Go ahead and feel as bad as you feel. Who cares if stupid people don't get it? We love you, and we want you to really feel better, but it takes some time. If you pretend you're feeling better just to be social, it will just take that much longer for you to acutally feel better.

So don't make it harder on yourself. It's hard enough to be without your boy. We can send someone to bite your evil stepkids... :-*:-* :-*

hehehe....than k you all!  And where do I sign up for that sending someone to bite the kids deal?  Can it be a newfie that gets sent??? hehehe

Seriously, it's a better day today.  Thank you all.  I'm getting one of the pics I've posted here blown up and framed for my hubby as a father's day gift.  I can't wait!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2006, 04:12:41 pm »
I've been telling everyone about beautiful Barkley and how sad we are that he's gone. But they can always tell that you as his mom loves him and that everyone here loves him too. I show them his picture on here and they just smile. We're feeling this with you. You are not alone. Glad today is better for you. Sending hugs and slobbers still!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2006, 10:35:23 pm »
Man, I feel needy on this board...

I completely understand.... but you ARE needy right now.  It's SO hard getting over losing a dog like Barkley!  When I lost Otis, it was as though somebody ripped my still-beating heart right out of my chest.  I had NO idea that losing him would hurt SO bad.  I still get teary when I think of him and he's been gone 2 years last St. Patrick's Day.  There are just some dogs who connect straight through to the aorta...and there's no getting free.  I adore Chester and Cowboy, please don't doubt that, but as a good friend said, you just don't replace a 'heart dog'.  She was right.  From what I've read on this thread and others like it, we've all been there.  Time eases the pain, a new puppy is a GREAT bandaid, but you've still got the Barkley scar.  And it's okay!  He was loved; a part of your family and your life!  You don't lose that and get over it in a day, a week; or two years!!!  I cried harder for you losing Barkley than I've cried in a long time....that was the effect he had on me..and we've never met!!!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2006, 10:38:01 pm »
I am sorry you feel so sad...This is just the place to come & share your sorrow...We are here for you!...I was thinking about Barkley just today...I miss him & I didn't even know him.

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2006, 12:40:22 am »
Sending you BIG hugs!
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn