Author Topic: My son saved Kuma's life last night!!  (Read 6915 times)

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: My son saved Kuma's life last night!!
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2006, 05:15:16 am »
I'm so glad Kuma is ok!
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2006, 06:48:31 am »
That's one smart little boy you've got. I'm so glad he saved Kuma.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2006, 12:08:40 pm »
Well than, i bet she knew what she wanted and just busted thru to go for the big swim! but, keep in mind, 80-90 degrees is hard on them, in a short time when running around they can overheat. just a beware that many are not aware of. ;)

Ditto on that!  A friend lost one dog and almost lost another to heat stroke.  With the first they were actually playing in a pond, but the dog was not wet enough to save her.  The second happened when they were on vacation and had left the dog home in the shade, where she'd been all summer - it was even cooler that week than it had been. DH was taking care of her and found her in great distress.  He dumped her in their bathtub and saved her.  Different dogs handle heat differently - what might not bother one might bother another.  Glad it all worked out ok and I hope you can rig something to help her should it happen again.  Perhaps you can find someone clever with their hands who can build something similar to help her get out.  Big hugs to both your son and Kuma!!!!!!!
Daphne