Author Topic: RIP TRACY...SHE HAD A GOOD FRIEND WHO IS ON THIS WEBSITE...  (Read 16520 times)

Offline sapphire7909

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
In Loving Memory of

Tracy Gostomski Born August 28th, 1970 Died May 2nd, 2006 

Memorial Service

7805 W. Center Road
(Heafey Heafey Hoffmann Dworak & Cutler)

Leave an on-line sympathy card(tracytribble.c om)

Date and Time:
Visitation: Tuesday, May 30th,  2:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Family will be present between 7:00 PM and 9:00 PM
Service: Wednesday, May 31st,  11:00 AM

Tracy's family requests that flowers not be sent but instead asks that those wishing to honor Tracy do so by contributing to organizations that support her love for animals. 

Our heart felt thanks to all!

Tracy's family would like to thank all those who gave their support and help.

Thanks to:

Our friends and family that provided love and support.

Co-Workers that helped behind the scenes and in the active search effort.

The Media for "Getting the Word Out" through their excellent and timely coverage.

The many searchers who put their busy lives on hold and pitched in.

The Council Bluffs, IA Detectives and Police Force that are working on Tracy's case.

The Vendors and Businesses that provided food and resources.

Tracy Tribble Found: Body Pulled From Missouri River on May 19, 2006

By Steve Huff

May 22, 2006

advertisement

Council Bluffs, Iowa (Crime Library) — Saturday, May 20, 2006, brought the worst possible news to the family and friends of Tracy Tribble, age 35, from Council Bluffs, Iowa. Using dental records and a distinctive tattoo found on a body pulled from the Missouri River on the Friday before, police were able to determine that the deceased was indeed Tracy Tribble.

Tracy Tribble

This development in the mystery surrounding Tracy's disappearance early in the morning on May 3, 2006 was not the first of its kind in the Council Bluffs area in the month of May. On May 12, 2006, a body later identified as that of Amber Marie Harris, a 12-year-old girl who vanished on November 29, 2005, was found in a city park in Omaha, Nebraska. Prior to the finding of Amber's remains, a barrel containing the long-dead remains of an adult woman between the ages of 24 and 32 was found, sparking speculation that the bones in the barrel were either Tribble's, Harris's, or even those of Jodi Huisentruit, a Mason City, IA newscaster who vanished on June 27, 1995. The remains in the barrel have still not been identified.

Jodi Huisentruit

In an article written by Lisa Rossi on May 19th for the Des Moines Register, intended to report on Tracy's family, the Gostomskis, hiring a psychic, more background about the Tribble's turbulent marriage was revealed. Rossi not only related that Council Bluffs police saw Tracy's husband Stan as their only "person of interest," but also that the domestic problems between man and wife were not new. Rossi wrote, "In October 2003, Stan Tribble was arrested for aggravated domestic assault for redness on his wife's throat. Against the advice of the Pottawattamie County attorney's office, Tracy Tribble dropped the charges..."

By the time Tracy's body was found on the 19th, the Tribble's more recent conflicts were well-known news in Council Bluffs. Tracy had accused Stan of assaulting her again in April of 2006, saying that he had, among other things, "poked and punched" her, causing her substantial bruising. The county attorney's office filed charges in that case on May 11th.

A woman named Jeanne, who stated she was a friend of Tracy Tribble's from "elementary school through high school" posted to a message board on the web specifically designed for loving owners of large dogs. She titled the thread starter, "I need you — my support group — so much right now..." Jeanne wrote the following on May 7, 2006. The thread can be read here: www.bigpawsonl y.com:

Tracy Tribble

"Some of you might remember me telling you about Tracy after Hurricane Katrina. We had lost touch with each other right before I got married and 10 years later - almost to the day — she saw the story in my hometown newspaper about my sister relocating back to Omaha and called my parents to get my number. We have been emailing and talking to each other like nothing ever came between us ever since.

"I talked to her mom earlier this afternoon — as much as I could 'cause we were both bawling - and she said her husband has been beating her and she has been hiding it. There's all kinds of other stuff, but her dog was also found running loose in the neighborhood and she would NEVER allow that to happen. Her car, purse, keys, cell phone and wallet were all left at the house. She has disappeared.

"I went home from work today and looked on my caller I.D. She called me Monday afternoon from her cell phone. I'm so pissed now that I don't have an answering machine. I'm so scared that something has happened to her. I just found her again. When we were in school you would never see one of us without the other one. Everything that happened to me Tracy was there with me.

There could be no way to guarantee the accuracy of such a message, yet it was posted when only the first few news stories about Tribble's disappearance were being published, before police indicated much interest in Stan Tribble at all. Even then, after one news program referred to Tribble as a "suspect" in a report, the Council Bluffs police were quick to shoot the assertion down. He was not a suspect, only a person of interest, and there was a distinct difference.

Tribble, otherwise, is apparently not speaking. He has hired an attorney, James Burger, and after initially cooperating with the authorities, Tribble, through his attorney, requested that any further searches of his property be done with a warrant. There has been no indication that Stan Tribble was working with Tracy's family to help find her.

Several news stories indicate Tribble stated he last saw Tracy around 6 a.m. on May 3rd. Others, however, say 6:30 a.m. These, however, could be reportorial errors.

The Gostomski family made a website when Tracy was still a missing person. It can be found at www.tracytribb le.com. As of early May 22, 2006, the site was still up.

Christine Gaines, Tracy's stepsister, spoke to the Des Moines Register about Tracy'being found. Her statement about positive identification being made indicated that the family did feel a certain sense of closure, but she also said, "We have to keep this story alive... Someone knows something."

The Council Bluffs police have filed no charges and the investigation is ongoing.

Previous Page

See Crime Library News Story on Missing Tracy Tribble

« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 03:45:29 pm by sapphire7909 »

MommyOfSchnauzers

Re: RIP TRACY...SHE HAD A GOOD FRIEND WHO IS ON THIS WEBSITE...
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 04:18:08 pm »
RIP Tracy.

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 10:31:50 pm »
 :'(  RIP and PT to her family and yours.
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 10:37:19 pm »
RIP, Tracy. :'(
Please keep us updated on any further developments in the investigation.
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 11:20:45 pm »
I like to think that Tracy now keeps all of the "unwanted" animals that have gone on to The Bridge...I assure you all that all the critters in Heaven rejoice at their good fortune of having Tracy with them even as we here on earth grieve...God must have needed another caretaker...R. I.P. dear, kind Tracy. :'(

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 08:12:22 am »
Wow! I had no idea the thread I started was used in a news story. For those of you interested, here is the latest - although it's not much:

Tracy's death is still not yet classified as a homicide - officially. The police want to make sure everything is 100% in order before it is because they will only have a short amount of time before a trial when someone is arrested to be able to get things together and verified. There is other information I hesitate to post on this site since it is now getting a lot of attention, but am eager to share because it is fascinating. I hope one day when the stories start coming out I can verify or elaborate for you.

Tracy's dad and I have plans to create a legacy for Tracy in the form of a foundation that will help spread the word about domestic violence, and as I hope - to link women's shelters with humane societies to establish an emergency foster care program for battered women with pets. Many times women won't leave their abusers if they have nowhere to take their pets because they know the pets will then get the abuse if they are not there. It is essential that this obstacle is removed to those that need help can get it immediately.

I look forward to being able to tell you more about this as it comes to fruition.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 09:57:48 am »
Jeanne - I look forward to hearing more about the foundation you and Tracy's dad are creating. It is wonderful that y'all are honoring Tracy in such a way! Her tragic death will not be in vain! I will support the foundation any way I can - It is too important of a cause to ignore! My best to you and Tracy's family!

Rest in peace, Tracy. You will be missed but NEVER forgotten!

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 10:15:16 am »
Many times women won't leave their abusers if they have nowhere to take their pets because they know the pets will then get the abuse if they are not there. It is essential that this obstacle is removed to those that need help can get it immediately.
Jeanne

What a wonderful way to give meaning to an otherwise senseless death.  I am so proud of you -- I'm hugging you real hard right now!

Cesar Milan did a show about a women's prison that fostered dogs that were going to be euthanized because they were out of control.  I'm convinced that the lessons we learn THROUGH our interaction with animals are plain, commonsense life lessons.  Like a lot of the women who end up in prison (most who WERE abused at some point in their life), abused women feel they have no choices. 

When you're ready to start a chapter in the Houston area, I'll be here! 
Sarah

Offline sapphire7909

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 10:36:55 am »
Just so no one is confused, I am the original blog poster on this..(sapphire aka christy) and I am not Jeanne the lady who also added a post who was actually friends with Tracey..I posted this blog out of concern and interest after finding this story on courttv.com and having never heard of it in any of my local papers in Texas. I did not know either one of the nice ladies that this story was about. I appriciate everyone's interest and kind words and am sure that the family and friends of Tracey appreciate it too. This was not meant to offend anyone or hinder the process of the investigation. If this was taken as offensive to anyone, then I truly apologize. This was my way of showing that I cared and was wanting to make more people aware of the on going problems with spousal abuse and because the original story mentioned BIG PAWS ONLY, that this would be an appropriate place to mention Tracy and the tragic events that surrounded her and also because her funeral was yesterday. To truly show support to her family..please visit her memorial site www.tracytribb le.com. thank you also Jeanne for being such a good friend to her which I am sure you were. Much love to all you guys!!!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 10:50:08 am »
Christy,

please be assured that I don't think any offense was taken by your post. I was shocked and pleasantly surprised to see that my post was used in a court tv story. Any attention that keeps Tracy's story in the news is valuable until the person responsible for her death is charged, prosecuted and sentenced to pay for robbing the life of such a wonderful person.

I thank you for bringing attention to it and I hope BPO is thankful once again that the Courttv.com readers realize what an invaluable online community this is to so many people.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline rayray

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Me and Onyx
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 03:00:29 pm »
that is awful.  i used to live up there.  i hope that they figure out what happened and if she was murdered then i hope that they catch him/her.
My new GSD! He doesn't have a name yet... :/

Onyx: Black German Shepherd - her myspace:  http://www.myspace.com/onyxroxdablox

Sparky: Black and White Shih-Tzu (he likes to play with the big doggies!) his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/sparkyboyrox

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 03:10:14 pm »
Rayray,

just wanted to let you know that they arrested Tracy's husband a few months ago. He is still in prison awaiting trial. He should be going to trial in the next couple months for the domestic abuse charge that occurred before her disappearance. It's pretty obvious to all of us who knew and loved her that he is guilty.

Where did you live in Omaha and when?

Jeanne