Author Topic: A big thank you to everyone:  (Read 5329 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
A big thank you to everyone:
« on: May 31, 2006, 03:43:33 pm »
I just wanted to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart one last time for all the prayers and support you gave me and Tracy's family during this terrible ordeal. From the time she was missing to the day she was found and up until her funeral today, you have all been wonderful - whether it was offering your sympathy, giving advice on how to cope or just letting me know you were there.

I also wanted to let you all know that so many of Tracy's family came up to me and sought me out at the visitation and funeral to say Thank You for posting this thread and keeping it updated. For some, it was their only resource for current informtion and to get messages through to Tracy's family.

One of the first things Tracy's dad said to me was how much he appreciated all of the support given to the family through BPO and that he read all the messages every day.

I think we may even have gained some new permanent members through this. One of Tracy's cousins has 2 basset hounds and she is interested in staying aboard and becoming part of our community. A friend of Tracy's mom has a Bouvier Des Flanders (that I personally got to meet and he is awesome) and I told her she needed to join to share him with the rest of us.

And I will be adding a new pawprint soon. I have been given Derby, Tracy's dog she recently adopted. He is awesome and I will post pictures very soon. The shelter said he was a lab/border collie mix, but I swear he is a pit bull/lab mix. We'll see what you think when I post pix. Whatever he is, he is a sweetheart and I am blessed to have been given the opportunity to include him in our family.

Once again you all have proven what an invaluable community this is to so many people.

Thank you,
Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

MommyOfSchnauzers

Re: A big thank you to everyone:
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 04:06:37 pm »
I think it's wonderful that a bit of Tracy's family will be forever included in your own now.  Hopefully it will help you in your healing process.  I am still just at a loss for words.  I am so sorry.  We love you!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 05:28:01 pm »
What a wonderful way you have to keep Tracy's memory alive and her in your heart. I'm so glad that BPO was able to help you cope with this tragedy too.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline ZinaPina

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 05:51:59 pm »
I'm so glad you have a piece of Tracy to help you through all this.  I wished I could have been there but after making an 18 hour trip on Saturday, I just couldn't do another 11 hour trip.  But everyone was in my thoughts and prayers. Once again THANKS for all you have done for us.

Kristen

PS I hope to soon figure out how to download pictures and I'll put some on of my two blue healers Zipp & Zina - my twinkies.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 10:43:28 pm »
What a great acknowledgemen t of your friendship to give you Derby who was SO important to Tracy.  I can only think of her at the bridge, waiting to be reunited with those she is/was closest to:  you, her dog and her family.  Please give them our very best and I hope, in some way, aids in their healing.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 11:25:17 pm »
Oh Jeanne!...I started to sob when you told us that Derby had been gifted to you...What an honor for you & Tracy will be so pleased that he will live a life such as she would have given him...Thank YOU Jeanne for giving Derby your love & comfort...God bless you.

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 08:15:11 am »
Just remember Tracy is in a better place now and I'm sure she is so happy that you are going to care or her furkid.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 08:19:08 am »
I am truly blessed to be getting Derby and he is a wonderful dog. I will have a constant reminder of Tracy with me and something tangible to hug when I think of her. It's the best way I can think of to honor our friendship. I can't wait to post pictures of him and share him with all of you.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 08:24:50 am »
Congratulation s on your new addition!  What a wonderful way to help you cope with the loss of your friend.  Blessings to you and Tracy's family.
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 08:26:22 am »
Jeanne, it is wonderful that Derby gets to come live with you!  We are still thinking of you and Tracy's family.  We'd love to see photos of Derby too!

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 09:28:55 am »
Jeanne, I'm so happy for you that you will have a piece of Tracy with you in Derby. You've been in my thoughts often these last few weeks. I lost my best friend Brian this past October and so I haven't known what to say since I remember when I was going through it there was nothing anyone COULD say. I got Sadie from my dad for Christmas in an attempt to cheer me up and bring me back to the real world. She has done that and so much more. I hope having Derby with you helps you to feel close to Tracy. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I can't wait to see pics of Derby!
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 09:48:40 am »
It does my heart good knowing Derby is now a part of your family! What a wonderful way to honor Tracy and to keep her close! I am sure she wanted it that way! I look forward to seeing tons of pics!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 11:53:34 am »
I am truly blessed to be getting Derby and he is a wonderful dog. I will have a constant reminder of Tracy with me and something tangible to hug when I think of her. It's the best way I can think of to honor our friendship. I can't wait to post pictures of him and share him with all of you.

I agree!  We promised a dear friend that when he died of cancer, we would take Josh and Jesse.  It was so nice to have them as a tangible way to continue to show our love to our departed friend.  I hope Derby will help you heal in some small way.
Daphne

Offline Janese51

• Gnawer
  • Buddy & Henry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 09:12:23 pm »
Hello Jeannie,
This is Tracy's cousin with the 2 Bassett Hounds! I am so happy that you were able to get Derby and I know that he will lift your spirits when you get down. I am so glad that Tracy's mom took us over to you to meet you and you have such a sweet spirit. I know why now when you told me that everyone on here becomes your best friends because they have been so loving and caring and so sensitive to your needs during this time and I want to thank everyone for giving Jeannie all the encouragement through this time. I am very excited to join BPO and hope I too will have a whole new field of friends also.  You are so blessed to have these people who care so much for you! God Bless you,  Janese

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 10:58:56 pm »
Hi Janese and welcome!  I'm sorry you are joining under such difficult circumstances, but you are among friends!  Bassett hounds have big paws too!!!  Please don't thank us for being there for Jeanne....it's what we all do for each other!  You guys have had the worst possible experience and I'm just sorry we can't erase the past. :'( :'(

Anyway, welcome to you and your big paws!!! ;)