Author Topic: A big thank you to everyone:  (Read 5324 times)

Offline Janese51

• Gnawer
  • Buddy & Henry
    • View Profile
Re: A big thank you to everyone:
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 11:57:55 pm »
Thank you and I can't wait to get my two basset hounds to sit for me to get their pics!  My daughter and I adopted one for each from a Bassett Hound Rescue and they told me mine was about 2 years old but low and behold he is really about 7 to 8 years old! The vet said he had a traumatic life and must have had some injuries to his rib cage. We also renamed him because he didn't come to the name they gave him but he answered to Henry and he has been answering to it for 2 years now. We have a 55 ft by 200 ft. privacy fenced yard and he loves it!  3 months ago we took in another Bassett hound who is 5 years old and beautiful with such a sweet disposition. We got a phone call from someone and they didn't want him anymore and we will be his 5th home! But I will guarantee we will be his last home!!! He is the sweetest. He follows me all over and lays by my feet when on puter. So I think he really loves me! Then there is my daughter's bassett hound from the Rescue whose name is Waldo and he will be going to Alabama when she gets married in September. He is a little bit of a porker! He is a black and white only bassett! But I am going to try on Saturday to get their pics!  We decided to adopt instead of getting a puppy this time and it worked out well. Thank you for welcoming me and this site is very informative. Yes, they are short dogs with big paws!!! hahahahaha!  Janese

Offline Janese51

• Gnawer
  • Buddy & Henry
    • View Profile
Hi! New to BPO!! We are Tracy's cousins!!!!
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2006, 09:47:33 pm »
Hi Everyone!
Jeannie said that we would be coming on and so here we are and I finally got my Bassett Hounds to sit!!! Phew! What a job that was! Buddy is on the Left and Henry is on the right.  We adopted Henry from a Bassett Hound Rescue and this is our second year with him. Vet said he must have had broken ribs at one time. Rescue told us he was 2 years but because of his arthritis along his back he is about 7 or 8 but he is such a good boy!!!!! Buddy we acquired about 3 months ago and it looks like he went through 4 homes and this will be his last!! They have a 55 x 240 foot privacy fenced yard to play in. This is one of our first times adopting Bassetts instead of getting a puppy! So we finally made it on here! Janese

Offline Janese51

• Gnawer
  • Buddy & Henry
    • View Profile
Re: A big thank you to everyone:
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2006, 09:54:17 pm »
please bear with me having problems getting picture on