Author Topic: Who all watches 'Dog Whisperer'?  (Read 5055 times)

Offline dogcrazyforever

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Beretta- 7 months
    • View Profile
Who all watches 'Dog Whisperer'?
« on: June 03, 2006, 10:09:06 pm »
Just curious about who watches that show. I really like it! If you havn't seen it, you should check it out on National Geographic channel.
What Man Doesn't Understand
Man Fears
And What Man Fears
Man Destroys.

Stop B.S.L.

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Who all watches 'Dog Whisperer'?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 10:10:51 pm »
Yes, I love it.  There was a thread on here recently, however, about him being sued.
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Offline dogcrazyforever

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Beretta- 7 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 10:37:37 pm »
Really? I never heard about this...do you know what happened?
What Man Doesn't Understand
Man Fears
And What Man Fears
Man Destroys.

Stop B.S.L.

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 11:42:36 pm »
Really? I never heard about this...do you know what happened?

Here's the thread. http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,9831.0.html

I haven't heard anything lately.  It sounds like someone who worked for him messed up really bad.  Cesar seems like such a great guy, I'm sure that he would never have let something like this happen.
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 07:55:44 am »
I watch it, too.  Most of his advice is really good but sometimes I don't like his execution....r unning a newf on pavement or running them period in LA not a good idea IMO.  But for the most part he does a great job with most of the dogs.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 10:10:56 am »
I don't watch Cesar because we havn't had any kind of cable television for almost 2 yrs...I think t.v. is The Devil so I had cable shut off...But, my neighbor does tape it for me sometimes...Ju st like with advise from parenting magazines I take what I can use & leave the rest. :)

doggylover

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 01:42:42 pm »
I LOVE Cesar.  I want to have his babies.  For some odd reason, my hubby gets irritated when I watch his show and salivate.  A man who is enough of a man to pant like a dog is plenty of man for me!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 01:49:11 pm »
I LOVE Cesar.  I want to have his babies.  For some odd reason, my hubby gets irritated when I watch his show and salivate.  A man who is enough of a man to pant like a dog is plenty of man for me!
O.k...I admit that evertime Cesar says "calm submissive" I kind of shudder :-\ LOL!

doggylover

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006, 01:53:13 pm »
O.k...I admit that evertime Cesar says "calm submissive" I kind of shudder :-\ LOL!
ROFLMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHA you got me AGAIN~
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 02:32:14 pm »
I watched him once.  I never seem to catch his show.  I was surprised when I saw him smack a few dogs though.  I didn't expect that from him.
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead

doggylover

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 02:42:16 pm »
I watched him once.  I never seem to catch his show.  I was surprised when I saw him smack a few dogs though.  I didn't expect that from him.
I don't really have a problem with 'smacking' a dog.  At least for Badger, it's the intent he reacts to.  One of his favorite games is to back up into me and I spank him while singing 'spank spank, spank spank spank, spank your booty'...BUT if I TAP him and I'm not playing, he acts like an assault victim.  I think it depends on the dog. 
 :D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 04:54:08 pm »
I don't really have a problem with 'smacking' a dog.  At least for Badger, it's the intent he reacts to.  One of his favorite games is to back up into me and I spank him while singing 'spank spank, spank spank spank, spank your booty'...BUT if I TAP him and I'm not playing, he acts like an assault victim.  I think it depends on the dog. 
 :D
That's cause Badger ain't right & you know it! ;) :D ....Like I said, I don't allow cable t.v. in my house so I've never seen an episode where he hit a dog...But I do agree it depends on the dog...I had to be alot firmer with samson than I ever would have to be with Pippin...Sammy got smacked across the rump more than once & I also had to do the walk into him & bring up a knee when he was about 8 months old because he was jumping up...Not because he was glad to see me but to intimidate...H e was on his way to a not nice place for a dog to be...It was a means to an end to completely unacceptable behavior...Now Pippin, if I even raise my voice to him he cowers like I am going to kill him...Sam just blows me off...Smacking Pippin in the rump would probably ruin him...Sam often used to think it was on like Donkey Kong & just be naughtier & naughtier...Th ank goodness we got that under control! :-\ But, as far as Cesar goes, I take what works with my dogs & leave the rest...Trainin g dogs, like raising children, is not "one size fits all".
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 04:55:14 pm by Gypsy Jazmine »

doggylover

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2006, 04:59:45 pm »
I agree totally.  Man, if you tap Badger with ONE finger on the nose and say "no" in a momma voice, he is CRUSHED, and won't do that naughty thing again!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2006, 05:01:59 pm »
I agree totally.  Man, if you tap Badger with ONE finger on the nose and say "no" in a momma voice, he is CRUSHED, and won't do that naughty thing again!

If I did that to Sam he'd try to bite my finger. :D

doggylover

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2006, 05:04:19 pm »

If I did that to Sam he'd try to bite my finger. :D
ROFL see?  It depends on the dog!