Author Topic: Hi Everyone! We are NewBees!!!!!  (Read 12696 times)

Offline Janese51

• Gnawer
  • Buddy & Henry
    • View Profile
Hi Everyone! We are NewBees!!!!!
« on: June 03, 2006, 10:26:22 pm »
Hi Everyone!
Jeannie said that we would be coming on and I am so glad that she is getting Derby and  so here we are and I finally got my Bassett Hounds to sit!!! Phew! What a job that was! Buddy is on the Left and Henry is on the right.  We adopted Henry from a Bassett Hound Rescue and this is our second year with him. Vet said he must have had broken ribs at one time. Rescue told us he was 2 years but because of his arthritis along his back he is about 7 or 8 but he is such a good boy!!!!! Buddy we acquired about 3 months ago and it looks like he went through 4 homes and this will be his last!! They have a 55 x 240 foot privacy fenced yard to play in. This is one of our first times adopting Bassetts instead of getting a puppy! So we finally made it on here! Janese

Nicole

Re: Hi Everyone! We are NewBees!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 10:27:13 pm »
Welcome! Are you friends with Jeanne? Good to have you here and those are some cuuuuute doggies!!!

Offline Janese51

• Gnawer
  • Buddy & Henry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2006, 10:30:59 pm »
Hi and thank you! We are Tracy Gostomski Tribble's cousins and we met her there at the funeral. Tracy's mom took us over to her to meet her and Jeannie is so sweet! I don't know what I am doing wrong though I can't get the picture next to the name in the corner. How do you do that we have been working on it for quite a while?????   It was getting irritating! Janese

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2006, 11:14:14 pm »
Glad to have some Basset Hounds in the Big Paws crew now! I'm Marissa, mom to Dolly a Saint Bernard and Zoey an Alaskan Malamute. Welcome! Cute picture!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 11:33:14 pm »
Welcome!  So glad you joined us. :)
I'm Tessie, mom to Belladonna, a Great Dane, and Mojo, my cat.
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Offline rickie

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Short dogs, but big paws :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 04:49:29 am »
Yippee, 2 more Basset's!!  welcome
Short dogs Big paws

Offline gems

• Gnawer
  • my powerhouse crew....enya, mosamo & baby grissum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 06:17:54 am »
WECOME!!!!!!!!!!!! u will have a great time...& will learn much ;)

Offline Janese51

• Gnawer
  • Buddy & Henry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 07:57:15 am »
Thank you everyone for being so welcoming to us!! We have been through a lot of stuff in the past 3 months and I think everyone here will do me some good! I love everyone's Doggies!  I have to work on getting ours to pose for nicer picture but that is okay they had a rough life and now they feel like they are Kings!! hahahahaha!!! I am trying to get my daughter to come on with her adopted Basset also which is all black and white and looks like a minature cow!!! Our two bassets had to gain at least 22 pounds after we got them but hers kept going for some reason. He got up to 65 lbs but we cut his feed and he has lost about 5-8 lbs. But he is a bigger boy and so lovable! So I will see if she wants to come on! After she gets married Waldo will move to Alabama with her! sob, sob, sob,!
But you guys are great and you are all so caring!  I'm glad to be aboard!!!  Janese

Offline Janese51

• Gnawer
  • Buddy & Henry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006, 08:08:19 am »
Whoopee!!!  We finally got the picture to work!! Thanks to you guys and also my hubby and also my determination and stubborness! hahahaha!!  I put a different pic shot of our two boys!!!  janese

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 08:57:23 am »
Welcome to the group.  You will find great people and excellent information here.  My name is Cindy and I am guardian to The Brindle Pack.  We live in the high desert of California.

DakotaMom

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 09:04:14 am »
Welcome Janese, I am Denise and I'm owned by a neutered Lab/Newf mix named Dakota and two Leonberger girls. Jade is almost two and spayed, Nani is my  seven month old show puppy.

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 09:07:52 am »
What cute wittle hound dawgs ya got there  ;) I'm owned by a Newfoundland , a newfie/border collie cross and a miniature schnauzer . Welcome to BPO !
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

chaosndestruction

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2006, 09:34:52 am »
Welcome to BPO! I'm Bri and I'm owned by Keela a 10 wk old Husky (3/4), mal (1/8), shepard (1/8) mix.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2006, 09:48:21 am »
Hi Janese. Welcome to BPO! :)
RIP former BPO

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2006, 11:28:51 am »
You have a couple of cuties there! Welcome to BPO. I'm Annie, and I've got Sadie, a Lab, and Riley, a Saint.