Author Topic: What to feed?  (Read 4481 times)

Offline HEAVY-D

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
What to feed?
« on: January 17, 2007, 10:41:01 pm »
What do you feed you dogs? is normal dog food ok? i was told to feed him/her raw meat.  will it make a big difference? i dont want to sound stupid i have owned other dogs in the past but no one has told me to feed raw meat to them. it just everything i read about neo's they say not to feed them normal dog food.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: What to feed?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 06:15:24 pm »
i just started giving my dogs raw meat and i LOVE the way it conditions them and also they seem more satisfied, and healthier.  check out the post titled "Holly's Dog Food Dissertation" under the food section.  it's really got a lot of good info on it.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 08:47:54 pm »
There is much discussion about food here.  I would suggest if you feed raw to do the research first.  I'm still on the fence and have yet to take the plunge.  My biggest problem is storage and the fact that we travel so much WITH the dogs.

My pack is on Eagle Pac Holistic and are all doing well on it.

Offline starrsdcct

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Starrsdcct Neapolitan Mastiffs
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 06:35:33 pm »
Definitely do research before just doing it. You can do a lot of damage if it is not done properly. You have to do the correct balance.