Author Topic: What out Come Would Maggie,If we Fix Maggie?  (Read 4038 times)

waffles717

What out Come Would Maggie,If we Fix Maggie?
« on: June 04, 2005, 03:37:25 pm »
We Are Not sure If her Temperment will change she is mild and playful, time's she can play rough but for the most part,she a sweat Heart, Will be better for the new puppy,or wil it make no Diffence?We would like to knowshe is coming the end of july,or aug,need to mave it done before she Go'es into heat, maybe other have diffent opion's on thin;s thanks a lot just want to be on the right foot ! but dont want her but bon't want to put her though that and then bring bring a new a new puppy in,she might not be to happy! thanks alot! thave a grest night! Mary!!! 8)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2005, 03:00:03 pm by jabear »

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
You have a beautiful girl! If you have no intention of breeding your little girl then in my opinion you should have her spayed. I honestley believe that it will not change your dog, the only differece will be that she can not reproduce, nothing more. Also spaying will cut down her risk of reproductive cancers big time. If you don't intend to breed her you will also cut out the hassels of her going into heat. You won't have all of the intact males hounding her and your house. You won't have to deal with the 'mess' of her heat. And you would probably notice an attitude change in her while she was going through heat. Both of my dogs are altered. Abbey did not change one bit after her operation, she is still the same high strung girl that she was before.

As you can tell, I am biased. I worry so much about the millions of homeless and unwanted dogs throughout the world that I think spaying and neutering is the best option if you do not intend to breed. It was posted earlier on here that one third of the registered Saint Bernard in the USA are sent to rescues. I'm sure others here can give you their own opinions based on their own personal experience. Good luck on your decision.
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Mary,
I think if you are going to fix Maggie then it definitely needs to be done before she goes into heat. I doubt her personality will change that much if she is already a sweety and laid back, but she will be even more relaxed, laid back and sweet post surgery. You also won't have to deal with the nastiness that comes with a dog in heat. Yuck! Good luck and let us know what you decide.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

waffles717

Thank's so much for Helping me out, we will get her Done,at the end of june,the new pup will come,end of july,she should be o,k by then no??also she is molting know that is sheding i was told about tbould that, will this stop?how long does it last? thanks she is on suplments ,that has been fine till knoe,mary thank you good night maggie! :-* :-* :)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
She will be good as new in only a week or so. As for the blowing of the coat, Sugar Bear (great pyrenees) has been blowing his coat for about two weeks. 

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Bear stopped but blew coat for a month or so...badly!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
I had my Tonka spayed and the next day you would have never known, according to the vet, the younger they are the quicker they recover. We had to keep her in the house for a week and when she went out to potty we had to put her on a leash, no running or jumping. She actually jumped a couple of time without us knowing, before she was spayed she never got on the couch, well 2 days after I came out of the shower and there she was sitting on the couch looking at me like "hey mom, have a seat". As far as temperment, we have not noticed any change, she is actually getting sweeter by the day with her age. If Maggie is use to walking you will have a very hyper dog by the time you can actually walk her. Also check into the laser spay, I don't believe they offer it here, but I was chatting with somone from a mal rescue in Idaho and she was telling me about it. Good Luck.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
I agree with everyone, if you wont breed or show, the best is to spay. And before first heat is the ultimate. The only think I have noticed on the dogs I have had that were spayed were that they tend to put on weight a little easier, but other than that I have not been able to tell a change at all. Good Luck

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket