Author Topic: Strange Visitor  (Read 3282 times)

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Strange Visitor
« on: June 04, 2006, 04:24:37 pm »
Strange Visitor

Last night shortly after midnight Scooter let out a couple warning barks so of course Mack and I are both bolt upright in the bed.  Out of the corner of his eye Mack saw it....someone or something was at our open bedroom window.  Before I could stop him Mack was at the window and next thing he knows a young pup is trying to come in.  I'm not sure if it was after one of the cats or seeking shelter.  Mack thought it looked scared but it definitely wanted IN.  As he closed the window the pup continued to try and get in..... I have never been afraid of a pup but let me tell you this was scary.  Mack thought it was a young (5 or 6 months) german sheppard; I am not convinced it wasn't a coyote.  It was dark and all I saw was his ears and muzzle.  We did go outside to see if we could find it but it was apparent by all the yard dwellers that were barking that it was making its way down the street.  I wanted to go find it because now I was concerned that it might be hurt but Mack didn't think it would be a good idea to be wandering in our neighbor’s yard. 

Anyway it was really strange.  For a brief moment I was regretting the placement of our new window in the bedroom but then was reminded that Scooter, who was in his room, heard/smelled this animal before it ever got to our window.

Here is a picture of the window; the bottom is only 28" off the ground.  Had we not been awakened I have NO doubt this thing would have been in our room.

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: Strange Visitor
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 04:34:58 pm »
That is way scary!!...Do you have alot of coyotes around there?...Definitly scary!...I don't think a healthy coyote would try to get into a house :-\...Normally they stay away from people...Great job Scooter!!! :)

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 04:36:30 pm »
Now that sort of thing is exactly why I want a big scary dog!  I don't want anything coming in my house uninvited!
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead

doggylover

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 05:10:00 pm »
WTG Scooter!!! I know it's off topic, but I have to say, I Love your bedroom!  Nice decorating!
 :)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 05:23:40 pm »
I was just going to say the same thing, The window is very nice! Good Job Scooter!!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

k2campbell

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 05:47:27 pm »
As was I - your decorating is beautiful! :o ;)

Way to go Scooter! ;D

Offline dogcrazyforever

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Beretta- 7 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 07:40:50 pm »
Freaky---If your coyotes are anything like ours then that is what it was! They aren't scared of us AT ALL. Our neighbor has 5 dogs and one came in her house and was eating her dog food. On the news, a coyote came inside and grabbed a baby (didn't hurt it bad.) They will come right up to you if you're out walking. People have had their little dogs taken out of their arms by coyotes! No joke...that is why so many people here kill them. My sister got chased by one while she was riding her horse...they are fearless. Of least, the ones here are. Plus, even worse, the ones here get the size of an average shepherd. I don't know how your coyotes there are but the ones by my house do that sort of thing pretty regularly. When you pull out of my driveway, you have to be careful not to hit one because they won't even move! Freaky, coyotes are very smart and brave animals. Well good luck!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 08:49:46 pm by dogcrazyforever »
What Man Doesn't Understand
Man Fears
And What Man Fears
Man Destroys.

Stop B.S.L.

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 08:40:38 pm »
Thank goodness for Scooter! I know up here in Washington, the coyotes are getting out-of-control. We've had several bites and bad encounters in the news...one was with a toddler in broad daylight in a busy community!

Give that baby some luvins, he did a great job!!!!!
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006, 08:52:56 pm »
The coyotes here in the high desert have become much more brazen.  Although they are a pack animal I have been seeing individuals frequently, even during the day. 

I talked to a girlfriend about it and she seems to think that it was a dog that was dumped.  Seems people up here find out you are an animal lover and next thing you know they are dumping dogs in your front yard. 

Thank you for the compliments regarding my decorating.  Seems people either hate it or love it.  We are not afraid to use color, we figure if we don’t like it we can always repaint.

Icerotti

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 04:52:25 am »
Glad you didn't get an unexpected vistor IN your room. Good boy Scooter ;D

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 07:26:15 am »
Good job Scooter! Thank god for our BIG DOGS!
Carole

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 07:29:26 am »
That is a crazy story! And I love your bedroom too! :D