Author Topic: Update on Smudge our rescue  (Read 3791 times)

Offline migrandl

• Gnawer
  • My girl Trouble at 10 years old -
    • View Profile
Update on Smudge our rescue
« on: July 05, 2006, 11:39:49 pm »
Just a quick update on our Newf/Border Collie mix, Smudge (the artist formerly known as Cindy).  She's been with us for just over a month and what a treasure she is!! Moose (our soon to be 12 yo German Shepherd) gets along pretty well with her - actually, he mostly ignores her.  Smudge has been to my brother's (unc's house) to play with his puppy a few times - she's not too sure what this play thing is, but ok, mom's here so she guesses she'll go along with it.  LOL  Smudge is a sweetie - always, and I do mean ALWAYS - happy whenever someone comes home.  She has her new daddy wrapped right around her little paw - her first night here she got him to invite her onto the couch!  She loves to start the night sleeping with us, then she'll either go into Samantha's room or Billy's room.  We have discovered that she does NOT like thunder or hard rain.  I haven't been home when you can hear the fireworks from up in Lake George, so I don't know what her reaction to fireworks is.  She LOVES to ride!  Loves, loves, loves it.  She can be a bit of an escape artist - but my youngest, Billy who's 16, has been taking her for walks around the neighborhood so that has greatly reduced the escape attempts.  She's  a sweetie through and through.  I'm so glad we rescued her! I don't know her prior history, but she's living the life of Reilly now!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia " (Charles Schultz)

Icerotti

Re: Update on Smudge our rescue
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 05:06:47 am »
Sounds like Smudge is adjusting great ;D  Our Puck was a rescue too. They just seem so thankful to have a loving and peacful home. You can really see it in thier eyes.

She is a very pretty girl--- I look forward to hearing more about her and seeing more pictures ;) ;)

EllieAndBlu

Re: Update on Smudge our rescue
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 07:57:08 am »
Sounds like your beautiful girl is doing soooo well! I love happy rescue stories!  :)