Author Topic: The Costumes....  (Read 16752 times)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Re: The Costumes....
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2005, 10:28:42 pm »
HOLY COW!!!!!  Those are sooo freaking cute!!!  How in the world did you get them to sit still for that long?  Ranger would've taken off for the hills by now!!!  

Question is...did you get in that wine before the pups did?!?!   ;)

Heather

Betti only has a couple of photos and that is because it is her first time and it was difficult to take pictures of her.  Lou was difficult, because he moves a lot, so we really had to make his costume worthwhile.

Greta, on the other hand, absolutely loves to be the center of attention.  She used to pose for me for a couple of years.  I have hundreds of pictures of her.  She doesn't mind wearing things, either.  But, we never wear anything out in public...only for the pictures and she heavily praised and rewarded. 

There were three of us working on it this time, so the entire thing took less than an hour.  One of us took the photos (moi), another held treats and rewards (sometimes this helps with the "look" in the photo) and another quickly fixes hair and "makeup".  With that teamwork it can be fun and take a short time.  Doing it yourself can be difficult, because they do move a lot and as patient as Greta is she is unable to keep all this garb on her...it slips off on its own.

So, since there are quite a few photos you must think I have, indeed, gone mad, but if you knew how simple it was with the teamwork and the fact that two of the three dogs are pretty much accustomed to being photographed.. ..it was quite easy.  ;)
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2005, 10:30:58 pm »
You are awesome Moonlit! I love all the pics and it seems like you all had a blast!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2005, 10:40:00 pm »
You are awesome Moonlit! I love all the pics and it seems like you all had a blast!

If they hated it I would never make them do it, but I think they enjoy the attention (at least they really act like it) and the fact that they are rewarded with treats.  I think that, as silly as it seems, it is a kind of work for them as they are a working breed.  They love to please and, for a short time, this can be fun.  Too much would be bad and make them really tired.  They would hate it after a while.

Now, consider how elegant Greta appears in these photos with her long, wavy red hair.  Don't forget the fact that she is jealous and bares her fangs at little Betti when given the chance.  Not a funny situation, but...with that wig on...LOL...I won't do that!
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner