Author Topic: Pictures from Impromptu South Alabama Gathering  (Read 31331 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures from Impromptu South Alabama Gathering
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2006, 08:28:00 pm »
Those are great pictures! I can't believe how many big dogs there were. There really is nothing better than big ol' doggies with terrific manners. ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 08:28:37 pm »
O we only charge 100 dollars but for you we can make a deal. ;)  We thought that everyone would think that.  He does look like a little Bava and Sophie baby doesnt he!!!
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker" border="0
Bell 3 1/2 yr old Weimeraner
Baxter 3 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Buble 10 month old English Springer Spaniel

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 08:34:37 pm »
I am not sure if it was the little one or the golden.  I feel like such a bad Mommy I did not notice his nose until I got into the car.  I put a little bag balm on it and it will be ok. "Bad, Bad, Mommy". I let my little boy get hurt. ;)

Lisa
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 08:36:17 pm by DixieSugarBear »
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline brandon

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
    • HaveParrotWillTravel.com
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2006, 08:51:07 pm »
There really is nothing better than big ol' doggies with terrific manners. ;D

Seriously, we rocked, compared to how many of the dogs were acting.  I was amazed at how well our little gang got along. EVERYONE of our group got along very well, and was on their best behaviour.   Passing snarling mojo's etc really just made the big paws look better. We really set a good example of how dogs should behave :)

Oh... and saw some  poodles, or whatever.. little dogs,  on flexi-leashes the owner with their back turned and the dog out to the full limit of the flexi. 

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.â€

GR8DAME

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2006, 07:22:03 am »
Wow it looks like the Southern contingency had a blast. Pat yourselves on the backs, what a great bunch of ambassadors for all the big paws.
Stella

cricket36580

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2006, 07:58:49 am »
Thanks for posting the other pics.  Brandon, I went to site and stole a couple of them.   ;)  I wanted to send them out to some other friends this morning... 

Talking about the snarling mojos making our's look great!...  I had forgotten about the little beasts up close to the door.  I took Bella and Fos out to go potty and walked by the cages.  All of a sudden about 4 of them jumped at Bella and she in turn jumped on me.  The look on her face was "WTF?".  I just patted her and told her she was a good girl and kept on moving.  The ASPCA people standing there were just stunned.  Bella could have eaten that cage with about 2 bites and then had an entree of the little twits...

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2006, 10:06:05 am »
Wonderful pics, sorry I missed it! Looks like everyone had a great time.

Deena

Kiahpyr

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2006, 12:41:46 pm »
Great photos!!! The dogs look wonderful!!!

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2006, 09:14:07 pm »
Great photos!!! The dogs look wonderful!!!
Hey everyone... it was great to see everyone and reconnect!  I'm glad to see Brandon and Lisa's shots came out so well.  It really was a great day for all... we adopted out 17 of 21 dogs and I understand the other groups did well also.  It was also great to see all of the big paws that were there in addition to the members of this board.  The Pensacola dane rescue group, Northwest Florida Great Dane Rescue, had a booth and 2 danes there.  Also in attendance were another Pyr, a very trim (wearing the requisite summer cut, that is) St Bernard and others.  One of the groups there had a pair of 1 y/o merliquin dane brothers that were adopted - I gave that guy the Big Paws web address, as he will definitely have his hands full!  I'm looking forward to the next time we get together! 
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 07:38:48 am »
Hey everyone... it was great to see everyone and reconnect!  I'm glad to see Brandon and Lisa's shots came out so well.  It really was a great day for all... we adopted out 17 of 21 dogs and I understand the other groups did well also.  It was also great to see all of the big paws that were there in addition to the members of this board.  The Pensacola dane rescue group, Northwest Florida Great Dane Rescue, had a booth and 2 danes there.  Also in attendance were another Pyr, a very trim (wearing the requisite summer cut, that is) St Bernard and others.  One of the groups there had a pair of 1 y/o merliquin dane brothers that were adopted - I gave that guy the Big Paws web address, as he will definitely have his hands full!  I'm looking forward to the next time we get together! 

All the pictures are wonderful but Bava, Sophie and Baxter seem like they stole the show!  How CUTE!!!!  Baxter really does look like a mini Sophie.  Looks like they hit it off beautifully!  Best news of all though is that it sounds like a lot of dogs got new homes. 
Daphne

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2006, 07:55:42 am »
Yea Baxter really does look alot like Sophie.  We could pass them off as being related!!! ;D

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2006, 08:00:10 am »
of course. And Bava is his daddy that is why he was so excited to see him.  It was his long lost son!!!!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2006, 08:03:33 am »
soooooo loved all the pics! Everyone (puppers & their people) look so great and looks like y'all had such a blast! I so want to come down for the next Southern gathering (I am in Atlanta).... naturally, I'll have to borrow a well-behaved pup for the trip but I am so in  :)

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2006, 08:04:34 am »
We will have to get them together for a play date so they can see their babby before i leave! :'(

Offline amberdoggoneit

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2006, 08:14:02 am »
Do we need to bring vacination records for dogs.  I read on some dog parks in Georgia they needed them to make sure dogs were healthy. 
 I dont care what park we go to but i will tell you if we go to the one with the bach my dogs will swim.  So i will definately bring shampoo and towels.  But it might wash off all the Newfy drool. ;)