Author Topic: Photos of Gandalf  (Read 3817 times)

Offline pyrmom420

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Photos of Gandalf
« on: June 08, 2005, 01:13:50 am »
Here are some pics of my babies...I'm such a proud Mom ::)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Photos of Gandalf
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 08:49:34 am »
He looks like a happy boy!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 04:18:48 pm »
What a handsome lad, and a GREAT name. Why hadn't I though of that name for a pyr!

Offline pyrmom420

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 11:34:40 pm »
We named him Gandalf because we were hoping he would mature into Gandalf the White, you know all wise and calm etc. We have a year or two to go... :-\ He is super fun to have around. The other guy in the picture is Max. He went to chase cats in the other world in April. We really miss him. Gandalf was so bummed until he realized he was now "THE ONE!" Must be time to get a few more :o ! Wouldn't want him to get too spoiled. Maybe I can start the first Pyr ranch in Alaska!

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 12:07:09 am »
Thank you for sharing the photos.  Gandalf is an excellent name for your fella!  Didn't they say that Gandalf was the wandering wizard as well?  Does your Gandalf like to wander?

By the way, how often do you see grizzleys up there in AK?  The mountains behind in the photo look like foothills to much larger ones.  What comes down out of those mountains?
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 06:54:38 am »
A Pyr ranch, that is my dream.  What a good looking boy, how old is he?

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline pyrmom420

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 12:55:22 am »
Yes, you know the old joke, "What do you call a Pyr off leash?... Gone!" So in answer to the question does he wander... sometimes, however, he is such a momma's boy that he never goes too far.

The 1st photo was taken along the Denali Highway. It was the old route used to get from Anchorage, and Valdez to Fairbanks. The area is rugged and very beautiful We try to travel it every year. The area is full of caribou, moose, bears, porcupine- I even saw one as big as Gandalf! The bluberries are so plentiful in mid to late August, that you can't walk or sit without getting full of blue spots!

In answer to the question how old is Gandalf. He was 2 in March. He is quite the goofy teen now. :D We are in the middle of remodling the house, getting ready to sell, so we can buy that Pyr ranch! You are all welcome to visit us anytime, but you MUST bring your Big Paws too! ;D