Author Topic: Sad- Our Female is Gone  (Read 6785 times)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Sad- Our Female is Gone
« on: June 12, 2006, 08:42:37 am »
Im very sad to tell everyone, that last weekend, we decided to make the biggest disicion... To send Tribute back to her breeder... She was a wonderful dog, but she had MANY issuses that just made this whole house go crazy.  She is beautiful, and i miss her tons. She left on tuesday, and i can't stop thinking about the last few minutes she spent with us. rolling around in the grass, trying to steal my lunch... Commando crawl... Aww. how i miss her. And Zero misses her tons also... when we came back from bringing her to the airport, he cried and cried, and paced the whole house over and over. memphis seems happy that she is gone, only one bullie left he thinks. we've decided to wait about a year or two before getting another bullie. we will wait to get our perfect show white female PUP. but until then, we are adding a crested to our family, once our breeder has a white furnished female availible...
here is a few new photos of Tribute back at home with her mom, Naphta. (Tribute is the solid brindle, her mom is the brindle/white)

Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: Sad- Our Female is Gone
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 09:45:08 am »
What kind of issues did she have?...Was she agressive?...This saddens me deeply right now.

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 11:43:26 am »
Well, she had some mental problems, so i call it. She was a spinner, which is not good with the breed. Spinning is where they chase their tail compulsively. And they do it all the time. she did it so much her tail was going bald. Another was she was fine with zero, but not with the other dogs she'd meet. She and memphis had fights, she and my moms Doberman, Coen, had some fights... I couldnt handle all of this at that time. esp. not if she was to be a show dog... :( 
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 04:29:19 pm »
Sorry to hear that. I am sure it was a decision you had to put some thought and tears into.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 09:45:09 am »
Well, she had some mental problems, so i call it. She was a spinner, which is not good with the breed. Spinning is where they chase their tail compulsively. And they do it all the time. she did it so much her tail was going bald. Another was she was fine with zero, but not with the other dogs she'd meet. She and memphis had fights, she and my moms Doberman, Coen, had some fights... I couldnt handle all of this at that time. esp. not if she was to be a show dog... :( 
Spinning most definitly is a neurological problem & a terrible thing for sure!...That is so sad for these dogs...But, I have to ask...What will the breeder do with Tribute?...She can't be bred & from my understanding spinning does not make for a dog that could be kept as a pet either as true spinning occupies almsot all of the dogs time...This is just so sad all the way around. :(

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 10:20:24 am »
well, the breeder decided to keep tribute as her own pet. as she doesnt want another family hurt or tribute to be hurt again either. I still see tribute on webcams and thru photos. and i miss her tons... I think the breeder is doing a great job. She is looking into a few things for her, and hopefully something may calm her down abit... we're hoping... shes a great dog.
thanks
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 11:49:21 am »
well, the breeder decided to keep tribute as her own pet. as she doesnt want another family hurt or tribute to be hurt again either. I still see tribute on webcams and thru photos. and i miss her tons... I think the breeder is doing a great job. She is looking into a few things for her, and hopefully something may calm her down abit... we're hoping... shes a great dog.
thanks

I am so glad that the breeder will work with Tribute!...I hope she will find something to help her!...It really bites when you get a dog with issues that you can't deal with...I am going through something like that but with a very possibly mentally & definitly emotionally unstable dog...It just isn't easy at all! :'(