Author Topic: Allie is two faced !  (Read 4356 times)

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Allie is two faced !
« on: June 12, 2006, 01:40:37 pm »
On Saturday after my husband got home from work we decided to walk down the park as they were having a car show their with old mustangs , corvettes , etc ... I thought it'd be a perfect opportunity to socialize Allie as I don't get to take her out as much as I like with three kids . So , the place was pretty packed and tons of people were grouping around us to pet Allie and ask me questions about her , it was so much fun .... Then I noticed something , she was WAY WAY WAY more behaved in a busy place with a bunch of strangers than she's ever been at home ! LOL She just sat in front of each person , hardly moved a muscle , and even kept her mouth closed so she wouldn't slobber on anyone ! I see now why people fall in love with newfies that they meet ! LOL Mine's a he**raiser at home ,I swear !  ;D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 02:29:28 pm by Jacksmom »
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

GR8DAME

Re: Allie is two faced !
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 01:49:11 pm »
Naw, Allie is normal. Dogs are no different than skin kids. There are "company" manners, and there are "family manners...or the lack thereof
Stella

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 03:00:24 pm »
Dazy does that the moment we step into PetSmart.  It's like she goes into "training mode" there. 

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 03:05:15 pm »
I've had people in Petsmart tell me on several occasions how well my dogs were behaving. They don't *have* to see the other dogs, they don't jump, they don't pull (well, as much anyway)...

Last weekend it was, "Your dogs have to be the two most well-behaved dogs in this store."

Are you talking to me? LOL

doggylover

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 03:07:06 pm »
ROFL Badger needs to read this thread.  He does exactly the OPPOSITE.  At home, he is a foot stool.  Occasional farts, but otherwise, he is great.  We take him out in public, and he acts spastic.  Drool so long it touches the floor, farting, running all around, wiping his face on people.  One time, at the park, he sat on a woman (she was encouraging it) and when he got up, there was a sh*t smudge. 
 ::) 

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 03:07:43 pm »
At Bark N Purr, a local pet supply store, Riley once rolled over by the cash register and let each and every person who passed pet him. He didn't budge-just soaked it all in. He usually will swat at you when you stop petting him. It's his way of saying, "Hey, I didn't say you could stop loving on me!"

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 03:09:46 pm »
ROFL Badger needs to read this thread.  He does exactly the OPPOSITE.  At home, he is a foot stool.  Occasional farts, but otherwise, he is great.  We take him out in public, and he acts spastic.  Drool so long it touches the floor, farting, running all around, wiping his face on people.  One time, at the park, he sat on a woman (she was encouraging it) and when he got up, there was a sh*t smudge. 

Hahaha! I almost laughed outloud (I'm at work, actually covering the CEO's exec asst's desk-not at all my usual duty)... not supposed to be on here anyway...

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 03:10:57 pm »

Hahaha! I almost laughed outloud (I'm at work, actually covering the CEO's exec asst's desk-not at all my usual duty)... not supposed to be on here anyway...

ROFL HAHAHAHAHHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAH A  Badger...you naughty naughty boy!

doggylover

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 04:53:32 pm »

ROFL HAHAHAHAHHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAH A  Badger...you naughty naughty boy!
ROFL it is funny to me that you guys laughed at that.  That kind of stuff is just standard operating procedure around here.  I'm thinking maybe Badger has changed my perception of what is normal.   :D

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 05:12:50 pm »
LMAO at Badger !!!  ;D
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 05:18:42 pm »
 :D  Dell does the same darn thing, unless we are at his training class, then he's a big goober.  I swear, if there was a dunce cap to be handed out, he would totally be the one to wear it!  BUT, if you take him into PetSmart, he is an angel, like Bizzaro Dell.
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA