Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 4836 times)

bigdogs@5501

Introducing myself
« on: June 13, 2006, 07:45:55 pm »
Finally I have figured out how to post a pic. I wanted to introduce myself-I registered with the site a couple of months ago- but have mainly just read and enjoyed the post. I live in the NE Texas area and fortunately have some acreage- I have for one reason or another rescued 3 Pyrenees in the last 4 monts, 2 puppies and one abandoned adult- This is in addition to Jake my wonderful goofy Great Dane and Bailey the 1/2 Newf, 1/2 Golden Retreiver, who I should have named tadpole due to her love of water. I am probably nuts to have this many BIG dogs- but they are all great and wonderful and I can not imagine life with out any of them.

bigdogs@5501

Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 07:48:13 pm »
ok I give up - the picture still didnt post- not sure what I am doing wrong- but I am on a dial up - we cant get a high speed connection out here...

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 08:26:45 pm »
First of all Welcome to BPO! As for your display pic, Your pic might be to large. I noticed once before that large files sometimes wont show in your display!!! Try shrinking the pic and try it again!!! Just a thought.
I am Carole By the way, I am mommy to an 8mth old Dane named Kayzer and a 9yr old Collie mix named Queenie.
Im sure you will enjoy it here!
Carole

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 08:55:33 pm »
Hi and welcome to BPO.  I'm Kat and I am owned by Kaila and Cinder - 2 female Belgian Malinois and foster mommy to Shiner - male Malinois mix (we think with Ridgeback).  I hope you enjoy the place.  Where are you located at in NE Texas?  I was raised in White Oak and I'm in Houston now.

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

doggylover

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 08:57:26 pm »
Welcome, I am Ronda, and I am owned by Badger the Rotty, and soon to be Gossy, the Bullmastiff. 

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 09:07:41 pm »
Hi and welcome! :) You are in good company here as far as having lots of big dogs... you will find others like you for sure! Especially with rescues! I can definitely relate... I am Rebekah and I have a house full of rescues and fosters, including but not limited to 3 Great Danes. ;D The rest are mutts, big and small!

Glad you're here! ;D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 09:20:39 pm »
Welcome to BPO!...I'm Chelle & my fur friends are Samson & Pippin both Great Pyrs & Rosie our rescue dog who is some kind of Kuvasz mix & in a tight & sad spot right now...I hope you'll enjoy your time here & I am looking forward to hearing more about you & your dogs!

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 09:40:31 pm »
Hi there! I'm Marissa, mom to Zoey an Alaskan Malamute and Dolly a Saint Bernard. I think you are lucky to have that many big dogs! I wish I could have more! Can't wait to see some pictures once you get it figured out. Welcome to Big Paws Only!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 10:05:13 pm »
Welcome to BPO!  I'm Mel.   I'm mommy to an 11 month old Giant Schnauzer, Dazy and a 4 year old Mini Schnauzer named Ladybug.

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 10:08:50 pm »
Welcome!
I'm Tessie, mom to Belladonna (Great Dane) and Mojo (cat).  Wow, Jake looks so much like my Bella! :D  He is beautiful.  More pictures please, all 100 of your babies! :D
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 10:33:51 pm »
Welcome to BPO! I'm Jaime and Bear is my lovable 3 year old Newfie. I hope that you can put a pic up soon cuz I'd love to see your dogs.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 02:02:00 pm »
Welcome aboard!! I'm April and I have a 15 month old great pyrenees named Kiah. I also have Kitana a german shepard mix, 3 cats & 2 bearded dragons. Pyrs are wonderful!

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 02:28:05 pm »
Sounds like a happy housefull!!

I'm Penny, Mom to Teddy, my 5 month old Saint.

Welcome to BPO!!  Can't wait to see pics of your crew!

Every girl needs a Teddy bear!