Author Topic: Introducing Maxine  (Read 6171 times)

Offline mayefair

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Introducing Maxine
« on: June 14, 2006, 08:44:04 am »
Hello Everyone,
I adopted Maxine about 3 1/2 weeks ago and she's is just an amazing dog. She's a 4 year old cropped and docked Doberman. She's great with my cats, dogs, kids, everyone we've met so far :)  I've been reading the forums for about a week and thought I'd stop by and introduce us.  We live in Akron, Ohio and are looking for other large dog owners in the area.
Attached are some pictures of Maxine.
Beth

EllieAndBlu

Re: Introducing Maxine
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 08:49:10 am »
Welcome to BPO - the best and highly addictive site!

Maxine is one gorgeous girl! Please post LOTS of pics.... us BPO'ers LOVE pics!

My name is Rachel and I am owned by Blu (8 year old hound mix) and Ellie (2 year old dobie/pit mix).

Offline mayefair

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 08:53:35 am »
Hi Rachel-
I have been trying to take more pictures of her, but all I'm getting is pictures of her snout in the camera lens and her behind - lol.  Apparently I'm not the only one with this problem :)
Beth

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 08:57:03 am »
we aren't picky here - we'll take snout & rump shots!  :)

I am curious (being fairly new to dobies myself) is Maxine your first dobie? Why did you pick a dobie?

Offline mayefair

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 09:24:58 am »
Maxine is my first dog - of my own. I grew up with Dobermans and Danes, even had a St Bernard for a while.
My first Dobe was at 3, and hed probaly 5 or 6 while growing up. I like the size of the breed and the intelligence. 

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 10:13:41 am »
Welcome! It's always wonderful to add another dobie to this group. My name is Megan and I own a 5 year old dobie named Maggie along with many many MANY other pets in this zoo. :P Maxine is just gorgeous!
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 10:15:27 am »
Maxine is my first dog - of my own. I grew up with Dobermans and Danes, even had a St Bernard for a while.
My first Dobe was at 3, and hed probaly 5 or 6 while growing up. I like the size of the breed and the intelligence. 

That is awesome... Blu is my first dog... I got him 4 years ago and Ellie when she was 8 weeks.... I have to say I LOVE her dobiness and now cat see my house without at least one dobie in it all all times! :)

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 10:17:10 am »
Welcome!  She is a beautiful dog!  I know you'll enjoy this site.  The people here are wonderful.  Just keep posting pics!
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 12:19:57 pm »
She is gorgeous!  Welcome to BPO. I'm Rachel and I have a 3 year old mastiff mix.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Kiahpyr

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 12:51:23 pm »
Welcome aboard!! I'm April and my pups are Kiah and Kitana. Maxine is beautiful!! My mil has a dobie and she's the sweetest dog I have ever met. Glad you joined us!!

doggylover

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 12:54:35 pm »
Hi there!  My name is Ronda and I am owned by Badger the Rotty, and soon to be Gossy the baby Bullmastiff.  I feel terrible, I swapped Badger's puppy pic in my avatar for the puppy pic...I'll attach one of Badger so you can see how ADORABLE he is! 
WELCOME!!!!!!

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 01:01:01 pm »
Maxine is a truly beautiful dog.

My name is Randy and Harley is My 4 year old Flat Coated Retriever. 

It is nice to meet your an Maxine, I am sure you will be just as addicted as the rest of us!

Welcome

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 02:30:34 pm »
Maxine is lovely!!!

Welcome to BPO - you will be addicted in no time!  LOL!

I'm Penny and thats my big pup Teddy.
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 03:11:26 pm »
I noticed you live in Ohio. That's considerably close to me in Indiana. In August we're having a meet-in-greet camp out where a bunch of BPOers are coming to camp for a weekend with their dogs! You should check it out. ;D

http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,10439.0.html
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats