Author Topic: New here  (Read 4126 times)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
New here
« on: June 16, 2006, 10:44:24 am »
Hello all.  I was coming home the other night and a gentleman was walking two danes down the street and upon talking he told me about this site.  I've been browsing and it's very cool!!  I had a 130lb. German Shepard, Navarre, that I just lost.  He was my baby, he loved me for 61/2 full years!  Funny enough, his collar said I AM the Big Dog!  I also have a rescue boxer that I've had for about 4 months now, she's 5 and her name is Daphne.  She's a bit small, even for a boxer, or maybe she's just small to me!  She's about 55lbs, but not very tall.  She was an abused and neglected dog.  But she is soooo loving and wags her whole back end!  But she's very timid around stangers and she freezes when people come over.  So, I'm slowly trying to socialize her so if anyone has any tips let me know please.  I also have a cat named Stone who since his buddy Navarre is gone has decided he's the security for the house!!  I by the way am Heatherton and I live in Mobile, AL.  Nice to be here! 
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: New here
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 10:50:53 am »
Welcome to BPO!!!

I'm Erin and slave to Kali the newf and Lacey our little midget aussie at 50 lbs haha.  I'm sorry to hear about Navarre.  You'll have to post some pics of Daphne.  I look forward to hearing more about her. 
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 10:53:26 am »
Hi,

I'm Kat and I am currently being manipulated by Cinder and Kaila (Belgian Malinois) and Shiner (Malinois mix).  Navarre sounds like a wonderful companion.  Sorry for your loss.  We love pictures and would love to see some of your guys.  Hope you enjoy it here.

Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 10:56:09 am »
Welcome to the most fun place on the net!  VERY addicting!

I am owned and loved by two Newfoundlands:  Cowboy, a three year old Landseer (black and white) and Chester, a year old brown.

Glad to have you join us!

cricket36580

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 10:57:14 am »
Good to have you here.  I'm in slavery to 2 danes and 1 pyr.   You'll have to come to the P'cola get together on the 1st.  See the thread about the impromptu south meet-n-greet for all the info. 

I look forward to getting to know you!  We definately need pics!

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 11:20:12 am »
Welcome! I am mom to 10 month old newf/cane corso Bear. Enjoy BPO. Post some pics of your pups when you get a chance!

Offline Softhug

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 11:26:55 am »
Welcome from Tuscaloosa!  I'm Jacquie and my fur-kids are Tsu (12yo Chow), Boudreaux (17wo American Mastiff) and Griffey (6yo fat, yellow cat).  This place is great and I can't wait to see photos!  We LOVE photos!
Jacquie-Undercover Princess
Tsu Ling-Chow Chow-RIP 5/08
Boudreaux-American Mastiff
Griffey-Pi55y, fat, yellow cat
Comrade-red/white Siberian Husky
"Lots of people talk to animals," said Pooh.
"Not that many listen though."
"That's the problem."

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 11:43:53 am »
Welcome to BPO! I am so sorry you lost your German Shepherd, that must have been really tough. Hopefully your little boxer girl is giving you plenty of love! Can't wait to see some pictures!

I am Rebekah and I have Great Danes and mutts here at my house, lots of rescue dogs. ;D
(And I used to have a cat named Navarre! :))

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 11:58:53 pm »
I know that I missed your introduction because it was posted 1 day after we had to send our Rosie to The Bridge & I was, needless to say, heartbroken... Sorry this is late but welcome to BPO!...I'm Chelle & my BIG boys are Samson & Pippin who are both Great Pyrenees...Pip pin will be 1 & 1/2 on the 19th of this month & samson will be 2 on the 23rd...I am so very sorry to hear about the passing of your GSD...I hope he & Rosie are keeping company while they wait on us at The Bridge...Do you know who the gentleman with the Danes was?...Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy your time here & your kind words regarding my heartache over missing my Rosie have helped me very much...God bless you & yours. :)