Author Topic: THUNDER MY WONDER DOG!  (Read 18307 times)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: THUNDER MY WONDER DOG!
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2005, 06:17:16 am »
Hi Jenn, now that you are back you have to post lots more photos, we neeeeeeeeed photos.  Please send me any new links to Pyr sites.  With all that free time you have that is hehehe.  I am so glad you are back.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2005, 07:37:16 am »
HI EVERYONE  ;D!

Thank you all so much for all the kind words!  It is so great to be back among the happy doggie people!!!! Ok first off;  no new baby :P (hopefully one day but that dream seems to be slipping away with that time clock buzzer :'(), my co. moved 40 miles further than the already 40 miles I was commuting.  So, I qualified for an official lay off package and took it faster than you can say "My daughter and I will play with our dogs all day"  ;D  And Jabear you will be so happy to know my cranky spells vanished immediatly!!!!!! :-*  As for the story of the forrest the baby and shoe, I think about it every time I look in those beautiful Pyr eyes!  Thanks for spreading the love Lisa!!  GOD LOVE "EM!!!!!!  As for my Sasha Mama the goofy Newfie, we found a whole new world when we all went for a family swim!!!!  Jabaer you never told me it was going to be pee in you pants, side spilting FUN!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D  MY DOG IS A FISH!!!!!!!  I should have named her Princess Arial from Disney's Little Mermaid!!! And as for the wonderful world of Great Pyrenees;  I am researching this breed day and night and night and day and making great contacts and learning soooooooooo much about health issues, social issues, dog shows and responsible breeding ethics and of course genetics!  It's all sooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo ooooooo SERIOUS!! :o  But I love it and can't seem to get enough info!  I have become quite the student :o!!!!  Unfortunetly for my Pyr Thunder, I have learned enough to know he is not breeding material and shhhhhhhhh don't tell him but he is getting the big SNIP!! :'(  Oh will he ever give me big wet kisses again ??? :'(  MY BOY :'(  Ahhh... that pesky responsibilty thing!!!  I sent away to the AKC for his lineage and it was real good for a while with lots of CH with OFA's but then came the wacky and weird, one of the kennels actually call themselves "Hillbilly Acres".  HUMMMM could be a puppymill or backyarder???  So without sound health history and with questionable breeders it is goodbye to the you know whats!!! :'(  Now last but not least; the my daughter being the master of our Pyr.....SHE IS THE MASTER OF ALL WHO SERVE HER, WE ARE ALL MERE SERVANTS TO THE ALL MIGHTY 3 YEAR OLD!!!!  H.E.L.P.   ME!!!!

Jen

LOL Jen!...Our big ol' lug Samson listens best to my 6 yr. old who has a stubborn streak a mile wide!...Samson's stubborn streak must be just a tad less wide than hers...lol!...He knows that when she wants him to do something that she is relentless!!!...Last night when I was calling him & he wouldn't come in my little 48 lb. ball of fire tore off into the yard quick as a flash into a storm & came back shortly after with a sheepish Samson in tow...lol!...Samson doesn't mess with "his girl" too much...lol!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2005, 07:44:08 am »
I love the snow picutre.  The snow doesn't look half as soft as the puppy!  :)

Jen

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2005, 08:40:14 am »
Good morning we slept late because...well, we could!  hehehe.  Ok I have been struggling a bit with  posting pictures for 2 reasons maybe you guys can help?

Here are the problems:

1.,  On my home computer the pics are in a Kodak program and I can't get there from the attatchment browser,  I did it once with this pic below so I know it can be done I just must have been tinkering and did it accidently so now I don't know how on purpose!!!

2., the second problem is my dial up takes forever to send and receive pics.

Well let me know because I have been taking lots of pics and would love to share them!!

Jen

Jen

Re: THUNDER MY WONDER DOG!need help
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2005, 10:49:54 am »
I need help.  Does anyone know how to resize photos so that I can make them small enought to email?

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2005, 01:45:22 pm »
I had a problem resizing pics also.
I now open my file and e-mail a pic to myself. A dialogue box opens in the upper left of my screen and asks if I want to resize for e-mail, I select YES. Then send it to myself. When I receive the pic, I click on it and then 'save as', then I can name it, and save it in "My Pictures". Then you can select it and send to whoever.
It seems complicated, but after you do it a few times, you become adept.
I would think there would be an easier way, but I haven't found it yet.
Hope this helps, as for dial up, well...a carpenter is only as good as his tools, but a tool doesn't define a carpenter.
You have beautiful dogs, and a beautiful daughter.
Thunder is a WONDER!
I'm looking at GP's for a companion to Tulsa, and a big, fluffy furball, to have fun with!
Hope this helps.
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Jen

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2005, 03:27:19 pm »
Thanks I think that is how I used to do it in my office but there I could email a whole punch at once, not the case with my dail up....I always lose the connection before the send finishes >:(

Jen

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2005, 04:18:45 pm »
Alas!
Dial up S%#Ks,
But, my method does work!
I'm looking for a reputable breeder of GP's, can you help?
John
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies, is Lunch.--Michael Friedman

Jen

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2005, 07:30:00 pm »
Yes I can.  BTY love bucket head!!  Anyway,  how much do you know about Pyrs?  They are not for everyone.  Is Tulsa an intact male?  Do you have a fenced in yard?  Do you own your own home and have a dog friendly neighborhood? Have you considered a rescue?   There are so many great full bred beaautiful Pyrs in rescue and you mentioned that you are looking because Tulsa needs a companion so if I may, I would strongly recommend  rescue and not go to a breeder.  Please let me know more about what you are looking for from a new dog, I'd really like to steer you in the right direction.

Jen

Jen

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2005, 07:49:04 pm »
Hi guys,

I am making some headway with those pictures.  I will add more as my dial up dripples them over! 

Jen

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2005, 08:09:38 pm »
Tulsa is a neutered female rescue. Her best friend was a male Newfoundland who had to be put down in early July. She misses the big boy. I'm looking for a mellow female that Tulsa can guide to maturity. She is very Alpha, and is not intimidated by large size. She is, however, very playful, and suprisingly gentle with young dogs.
I know the demands of a large dog, and have the time and resources to meet those demands.
John

Jen

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2005, 08:26:25 pm »
Well if Tulsa is female than you diffinatly don't want a female Pyr!!!!!!  Pyrs are prone to same sex aggression!!!  If you really want a Pyr than it would have to be a male, if you really want a female than look into a different breed.  Newfs get along with driftwood!!!  See for example;  I have a male Pyr and a female Newf so I couldn't get another male Pyr but I could get female Pyr because the Newf will let the female Pyr do anything.  You said that Tulsa is Alpha so a female Pyr would not work out...it's few and far between and usually only if they were raised from pups together.  When  you talk to big time breeders that have packs of Pyrs the way they group them is in kennel mates = 1 boy and 1 girl in each kennel.  It can be done but it is very risky business and any reputable breeder and or rescue won't let you do it.  I am very sorry if you are disappointed but I LOVE my male Pyr.  May I ask, did you have your heart set a female?  and why?

Jen

Jen

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2005, 08:30:37 pm »
More pics

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2005, 08:34:34 pm »
I love the cheese photo, just keep on posting those great photos.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Tulsas' Dad

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2005, 10:41:59 pm »
Thanks for the 'heads up' on female Pyr aggression. Wasn't aware. And, yes Newfs do get along with Driftwood, as long as they behave themselves.
This is an impartial observation, and maybe a new stream for BPO, but I've observed that most men have female dogs, and most women have males. Any insights?
John