Author Topic: Stop The Truck!! LOL  (Read 2866 times)

Lyn

Stop The Truck!! LOL
« on: June 16, 2006, 06:51:52 pm »
Hubby and I went into town tonight to get Bubba's new food. The girls in the pet food store wanted to see Bubba so we loaded him up too.

WELL.. on our way home what do I see?!?! A guy walking a black Newfie. I holler at my hubby "STOP I see a Newfie!!!" LMAO! He stops and I'm talking with this guy about his Newf which was absolutely gorgeous by the way. I so wanted to dognap him. ;D Well Bubba hangs his head out the window and I'm expecting him to go all hyper excited on me.. But what did he do instead? Absolutely nothing. He just sat there and whined a little. Didn't even remotely try to go see the Newf at all. The Newf was actually trying to get in the window to see Bubba. LOL

I just had to share that.. because now officially I am a big paw addict. I never thought I'd litterally stop my vehicle to see a big paw. :D

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Stop The Truck!! LOL
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 07:54:49 pm »
Yep!  I'm there too!!!  And I completely understand when someone does it to the Newfs and me!! ;)

cricket36580

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 08:39:44 pm »
We have a bail fund set up for when we get arrested for accosting the unsuspecting unintiated...   ;D  I do this alot!

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 09:08:45 pm »
Haha we drove over to our vet clinic today just to see the bronze landseer puppy...OMG he was soooo cute!  But yeah Kali may have him and his older newf sisters as new buds.  And there was also a blue Dane puppy there named Max he was really cute too.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline cuttles/sadieMay

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 10:21:18 pm »
LOL thats hilarious!
Just last week we were driving through town which is very small by the way and I see a baby Saint and I was so excited, My hubby thinks I am crazy!!!!
I was freaking out saying did you see that!! did you see that Saint puppy!!!!!!! There is one Saint in our little town and he belongs to my sister, I wanted to go to her house and tell her so she could go out and find it!!!LOL
Ok mayme hubby is right! Crazy! But exciting LOL
Big Paw syndrome!!!!!! :-\
Carole

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 10:40:56 pm »
Been there done that! ;D There is a girl in my small town with a St. named Steve (don't ya' just love it? ;D)...Well, I met her last fall when I was coming back from the grocery store & there she was walking Steve & her mom's St. Molly...I didn't even park my truck well before I jumped out to accost her. :D

Offline FumbsAuntie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 04:47:58 am »
Oh we've done it more than once! hahaha.. We did it the other day at the beach when we were driving out, we saw a newf in a car.. and i followed her! hahhaa (Just to the parking space she was going too!Im not that crazy)! And then two years ago, before we got the big fumbs my whole family was in the car going somewhere, and we see this couple and their two newfs walking down the street. Needless to say we shouted at them to wait and then we pulled over! Now that I think back, Im sure they thought we were crazy. But in Eirens words Big Paw People are just different, THey understand! HAHAHAHAH

Lyn

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 08:05:09 am »
LOL I knew you all would understand. ;D I just couldn't help myself. I've lived here most of my 30 years and never saw a Newf EVER. So I knew I just couldn't let my hubby drive by. LOL

It was a good opportunity for Bubba also since he's never been around a dog that was even close to his size. I don't think he knew what to think.. He usually turns into a hyper freak around other dogs so I was pleasantly surprised when he just sat there looking at him. He was probably trying to figure out if he was a dog or a bear. LOL
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 08:06:22 am by Lyn »

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 09:32:41 pm »
He was probably trying to figure out if he was a dog or a bear. LOL

Now that is funny.

I stopped at a house in Mystic awhile back because the lady was out gardening with her Bernese. She was so confused until she realized I wanted to meet her Berner then she called her second off the porch and I was in heaven there were two, not one, but two. It was great I had been running early for my appointment but ended up being late, fortunately the people I was meeting are also dog people and understood.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 09:39:12 pm »
Hahaha...welco me to the crazy big dog club!  ;D I do that very thing all of the time.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.