Author Topic: The sound of happy doggies  (Read 3288 times)

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
The sound of happy doggies
« on: June 06, 2005, 03:09:14 pm »
I went grocery shopping today and while I was picking up somthing in the meat dept. I saw packages of beef marrow bones. I decided to get some for the babies and see how they like them....silly me...ofcourse they LOVE them!  I felt weird about feeding them raw meat. I know it's good for them, it just takes some getting used to. All three of them picked up their bones and went to the couch with them. I haven't heard a sound other than teeth on bone for over half an hour!  Tali girl didn't finish all of hers, but Sakwa is doing that for her.  I have 3 more in the freezer for another day. They're so happy!!! I love it!!
Does anyone know if they eat the actual bone too or just the marrow?

Vicki

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
Re: The sound of happy doggies
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 03:22:13 pm »
Sophie eats the bone...well tries too..  She can get some pretty big pieces off but I always take them away from her so they don't cut her mouth.  She's a pretty aggressive chewer.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 03:31:44 pm »
What a good dog mommy you are, Vicki!  And what cute little girls you have!
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 10:27:03 am »
I throw them away if they chip or split.
In the winter I tend to forget about throwing old ones away, which upsets hubby to see bones laying out all over the yard, he picked up 10-15 when he went out to mow the lawn one day!
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline mamadog

• Big Paw Certified
  • This is me and my Finn
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 10:39:25 am »
Well they made short work of them, but still chew on the bones a bit. I have decided I don't really like them. They make soooo much noise when they're chewing away and it falls on the hard wood floors!!!!!  And Finn... He likes to pick his up in his mouth and throw it around the room, go and get it, and do it again!!!  BUT I love my babies, so I will learn to deal I suppose  :-\ 
I have been checking them out to make sure they haven't broken and they haven't. They're pretty thick. It's now a whole bone, just a 2 inch section of one. I'll be suprised if they can break it.... though not THAT suprised)

Vicki

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 11:06:23 am »
What a good Mommy. Your girls are very pretty Vicki.
I gave Judge a stew bone with meat this winter. He chewed on that thing for a long time. My Dad has a farm and butchers his own cattle and pigs so Im going to ask him to keep me some bones.
I wont let Judge eat them in the house. He is way too messy and he likes to throw it around like Finn. My luck he would knock someone out.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 03:22:19 pm »
I give my boy-o's bones from time to time, but they *only* get them outside. Otherwise, Hubby and I would be sleeping with them, and I draw the line there. It seems that Mom's bed is a favorite place to stash toys/food/drool puddles for my twerps.

Totally off-topic here but the other day I found Apollo in the bed, looking very like the cat-that-ate-the-canary. I thought that perhaps he was hiding a drool puddle, or one of my socks. Nope, he was hiding the kitten. Yep, you read that aright. He had shoved the poor cat under the comforter, and was laying on top of it in the attempt to keep Zeus from his favorite "toy". I almost fell over, I was laughing so hard.
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA