Poll

What is your contest preference?

Keep the 4th of July theme
8 (34.8%)
Create a new theme
15 (65.2%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Question for the July Photo Contest  (Read 6357 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Question for the July Photo Contest
« on: June 17, 2006, 09:37:17 pm »
Hi! I know that I haven't been around much lately but life is crazy and I am so busy. This is my refuge though and I do miss everyone terribly and can't wait til life settles down into some sort of normalcy.

Anyways, I was thinking about the photo contest for next month after I announced the winners for June and had a question. Since July is coming around the corner and it seems logical to have the theme be the 4th of July but I was wondering if everyone was ok with this or if you would like to change it. I know that one person has asked me to make it something else but I thought I would let you decide. If you want to keep it I am certainly ok with that as Bear loves the stars & stipes, but we are willing and able to change and go with the flow if you all want something else. Just let me know!  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Question for the July Photo Contest
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 05:46:48 am »
If it were up to me, I would ask that we have a more universal theme.  Teddy and I are Canadian's, we wouldn't be able to fairly compete in an Independence Day contest.  Its a grand thing to want to show off our pride for our country, but we are not all from the same country. (please don't misunderstand me - I love the USA - I have many freinds and family from the US)

I don't know, just my $0.02.
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 06:53:26 am »
maybe.... to change it up but keep the fourth of july sort of thingie.. make it a native country competition!  where people can do like their onw countrys or heritage... that way! it's a little more versatile!  people can represent their own flags, colors, stuff like that!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 06:55:00 am »
maybe.... to change it up but keep the fourth of july sort of thingie.. make it a native country competition!  where people can do like their onw countrys or heritage... that way! it's a little more versatile!  people can represent their own flags, colors, stuff like that!

That sounds like a great idea ;D

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 08:53:31 am »
I'd say do a nationalism theme too and maybe hold it a little later in the month to give everyone time.  So that way the Canadians can join in as well with their own  national pride.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 10:54:47 am »
I like the idea of creating a new theme, too. I don't necessarily care about like, a "nationalism" thing...I'm not very patriotic and we had 4th of July last year...hahaha. ...

But, I'm also flexible. So, whatever you all decide is cool with me. I would like to respect the wishes of the Canadians though!  ;D ;D Its only fair!

doggylover

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 12:20:05 pm »
I voted to keep it the same, then read the posts from other people, and changed my vote.  I love my fellow Canadians, and it would be great for them to be able to contribute!  Of course, if it were still the fourth of July, people from other countries could switch it up and do "Why I am greatful to not be American but I love this BPO 'American' site, so here is my flag picture"!
 ;)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 03:39:49 pm »
Thanks for the help guys! I like the idea of Nationalism too and like you Nicole I was thinking that the theme was the same as last years.  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 01:53:44 pm »
I agree...let's do something to incorporate all the countries we represent.