Author Topic: Sharing the slobbers  (Read 8057 times)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Sharing the slobbers
« on: June 06, 2005, 03:27:33 pm »
So, we went to petsmart a couple of days ago. Galahad did his usual thing, went through the store and picked out a toy and then strolled down the food isles. We met a lab. puppy with an older lady in the other end of the leash. By then Galahad had worked up a couple of looooong slimy cables hanging from both corners of his mouth. The lady of course asked what kind he was and asked if he was okay with other dogs. I said yes and they started to play. First thing that happens is that Galahad places his head on the labs back, drags it all the way down to the tail and leaves a loooong big yucky slimy slobber allllll over the poop puppy  ::)

Did I have the always needed "snot rag" with me???? NOOOOOO of course not. The lady looked at me in a way that made me feel like I was 6 years old and I said "ohhh I am soooo sorry, he slobbered a little on your dog" The lady said "I can see that" and I was now 4 years old. I usually dont come into a situation where I dont know what to say or do, but for some reason this lady made me nervous, I mean NERVOUS....... .... Before I knew it, I had stretched out my hand and wiped it off with my bare hand  :o There I was with a handful of slobber and a husband who looked at me as if I had totally lost it. The lady stared at me as if was I a freak, so what do I do...... I wipe my hand off on my black dress  ::) :P :-[ I smiled pretty and said "see you" which I really really hope I never do.

I have had several slobber moments with other peoples dogs involved but none like this, huuuuu..... thinking of her eyes still makes me blush

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

GR8DAME

Re: Sharing the slobbers
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 03:45:19 pm »
Anyone that sees slime ropes hanging out of a dog's mouth and still asks it to play, then gets upset at a slime transfer is NOT VERY BRIGHT. The problem is hers, not yours. The motto in my house is "We came, we slimed, WE CONQUERED!!"
Stella

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 03:56:51 pm »
Oh, Marit, that was too funny!  I can just picture you with the handful of drool.  

Don't feel bad about it - as was pointed out, that lady knew the risks!  Besides, anyone who gets upset about a little dog slobber (ok, A LOT of dog slobber) isn't someone whose opinion should concern you!   ;D
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 04:39:51 pm »
That is awesome Marit. I think you handled yourself quite well actually!!  ;D
As for the slobber, all I can say is that I have left the house way too many times with it hanging from some piece of clothing and have had to explain what the gorss, white, slimy stuff is. What can I say, I have a big dog!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 05:51:08 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 06:07:14 pm »
You are all right, she should not have asked Galahad to play if she had a problem with his little saliva problem, after all it is kinda har to miss half a foot of slobber times two  ::)

The handful of slobber I guess wasnt all that bad, it got really bad when I wiped it off on my black dress. Have you all  noticed just how much like glue a dog slobber is???? It doesnt come off easily.

Ohhh well if I meet her again I'm sure she wont ask us to play hehe

Marit

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 06:14:00 pm »
Ohhhhh yes, it makes them sooooo pretty. I used to have a lot of black clothes, now most of my clothes have patches of some kind of unmentionable color or a spot where I have tried real hard to get rid of a slobber. Hmmmm maybe we should introduce a new fashion for moms with big dogs. A slobber camoflage, line exclusivly for BPO  ;D

Marit

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 08:37:07 am »
The slobber factor is why I put my dogs in their room before I put my pants on to go to work.  Otherwise I have a nice snot looking smear across my pant leg all day.   ;D
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 08:42:14 am »
You got guts, Marit...and don't skip too many beats, do ya?  How cute.   

Offline Saintgirl

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 10:23:57 am »
Your incedent reminds me of the camping trip that we took three weeks ago. We went camping with the inlaws and immediatley after we had the tents up my M-in law said 'Quick Leah, get Hutch's drool rag! He's drooling"  Keep in mind that we are in the middle of nowhere, we will not see another soul for the next four days, and here she is concerned about the drool that is going to fall on the forest floor. So what do I do? I throw my hand out and then wipe it off on the side of my ratty jeans. She was mortified! That was the last that she said about the drool for the weekend. You can only imagine how she delt with all of the dirt and bugs for the rest of the trip....  I don't think she will ever want to come camping with us again, thank god!!
Leah, Hutch, and Abbey

GR8DAME

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 11:29:43 am »
Camping with the inlaws? You really are a saint, Saintgirl! I keep on hoping the holes that Strider digs in the back yard will someday be big enough to hide the body. I wouldn't dare take my monster-in-law out into the deep woods where there are no witnesses...HH MMMHHMMM...
Stella

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 11:36:30 am »
LOL Marit You are quite the lady. Im not sure what I would have done.
Judge grosses everyone out. I just laugh. They say "OH MY GOD. Look at how cute he is. OH YUCK. Look at the slobber."
 A guy drove up beside us at the stop light and was admiring Judge the other day. Dave said "Is he full of slobber?"  "Yep and so is the side of your truck" he said. HEHEHE
gotta love our big slobber babys.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2005, 11:43:31 am »
My husband's cousin just met a girl with a Rott.  They went on vacation and Jack called and asked Darrell..."Do yours slobber all over your windows in the truck/Jeep?"  Well YEAH!!!!  So, he's all up in arms about this dog slobbering all over.  This is the same man who wants a Dobbie some day.  Now he's nervous about a Rottie dripping on his nice clean windows.  That man makes me crazy.   :-\

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2005, 12:14:16 pm »
We gotta look at the positive side of the slobber issue, here.  I have it all down the sides of my station wagon from my big Newf, Cowboy.  My guess is that it will be the dead LAST car that anyone would try to steal!  Think of it as burglar-proofing!  Our most embarrasting moment with drool is when my friend's three Landseer  Newfs were asked to pose with the Catholic priest for the "Blessings of the Animals" photo.  They totally slimed the priest's vestments!!!  We tried to figure out the etiquette to get him cleaned up and just decided to leave it.  If you ask to be photographed with these guys, I think you have to take the responsibility of what happens!

Who knows?  Maybe drool contains the cure for cancer and we'll all be rich!  ;D

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2005, 12:40:52 pm »
That is hillarious! I bet the priest loved it too.  ;D I never thought about a car being burglar proof, but you are so right- who would want a slimy, crusty window?
When I traded in my last car I thought the dealership was going to die when they say the passenger seat. I never really cleaned the slime/drool off because it was Bear's window and since it was a 2 door car for just he and I usually, it didn't make sense to clean it. Well, long story short, a friend of mine who does detailing said it would have taken 5-6 hours of the top of the line, hottest steamer to make a dent in the hardened drool. Oh well! It was Bear's window.  ;)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.