Author Topic: Summer Boy Badger 2006 Champion!!  (Read 6468 times)

doggylover

Summer Boy Badger 2006 Champion!!
« on: June 18, 2006, 11:22:01 am »
Breed:  Rottweiler

Birthdate:  February 23rd, 2001

Badger was so happy in this picture, he was ecstatic to be able to run and play following a tough year of surgeries.

Best traits:  Badger is loving and comical.  He has a wonderful ability to read people and decide just what they need from him emotionally.  If you are crying, he is the first one to be a clown, and make you laugh, or if you are really really down, he will lay by your side all day long to give you comfort. 

Worst trait:  Badger thinks its polite to fart so bad our eyes water and then scratch at the door to go outside.  He's done this enough times that I have to wonder if its on purpose!

Badger LOVES Peanut Butter and Cheesecake (talk to Daddy, he doesn't get that from Mommy)

Badger hates sour oranges

Badger loves anything ROUND.  We had an unfortunate incident with a turtle years ago, when Badger mistook it for a ball....

His favorite place to hang out in the house is glued to Me or David.

Badger's best friend is Kaoni, a Lab/Rott mix.  He loves to wrestle with him and steal his bone when Kaoni isn't paying attention.

My favorite memory of Badger is the day we picked him up.  We went to this breeder's house (to 'look') and 5 little roundy puppies came tumbling out of this shed outside.  For some reason, I focused immediately on Badger.  I asked the breeder if he was already sold (2 of them were) and she said, "Yes, I'm sorry, he is already spoken for".  I started crying and said, "Well can I just hold him?  I don't want any of the other puppies, they are cute, but I really wanted him..."  she said, "sure", and her and I both sort of reached down to pick up DIFFERENT pups!  She said, "Oh, HE is available, this one here, with the collar on, is taken".  I grabbed him and didn't put him back down again!  The first thing I did was flip him over so I could smoosh his little belly and she said, "OH NEVER DO THAT, it'll 'ruin' his protective instinct if you rub his tummy".  I didn't want to tick her off so I agreed, then all the way home I had him on his back, on my lap, rubbing his neglected little tummy.  It was love at first sight!     

doggylover

Re: Summer Boy Badger 2006 Champion!!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 11:42:36 am »
Breed:  Rottweiler

Birthdate:  February 23rd, 2001

Badger was so happy in this picture, he was ecstatic to be able to run and play following a tough year of surgeries.

Best traits:  Badger is loving and comical.  He has a wonderful ability to read people and decide just what they need from him emotionally.  If you are crying, he is the first one to be a clown, and make you laugh, or if you are really really down, he will lay by your side all day long to give you comfort. 

Worst trait:  Badger thinks its polite to fart so bad our eyes water and then scratch at the door to go outside.  He's done this enough times that I have to wonder if its on purpose!

Badger LOVES Peanut Butter and Cheesecake (talk to Daddy, he doesn't get that from Mommy)

Badger hates sour oranges

Badger loves anything ROUND.  We had an unfortunate incident with a turtle years ago, when Badger mistook it for a ball....

His favorite place to hang out in the house is glued to Me or David.

Badger's best friend is Kaoni, a Lab/Rott mix.  He loves to wrestle with him and steal his bone when Kaoni isn't paying attention.

My favorite memory of Badger is the day we picked him up.  We went to this breeder's house (to 'look') and 5 little roundy puppies came tumbling out of this shed outside.  For some reason, I focused immediately on Badger.  I asked the breeder if he was already sold (2 of them were) and she said, "Yes, I'm sorry, he is already spoken for".  I started crying and said, "Well can I just hold him?  I don't want any of the other puppies, they are cute, but I really wanted him..."  she said, "sure", and her and I both sort of reached down to pick up DIFFERENT pups!  She said, "Oh, HE is available, this one here, with the collar on, is taken".  I grabbed him and didn't put him back down again!  The first thing I did was flip him over so I could smoosh his little belly and she said, "OH NEVER DO THAT, it'll 'ruin' his protective instinct if you rub his tummy".  I didn't want to tick her off so I agreed, then all the way home I had him on his back, on my lap, rubbing his neglected little tummy.  It was love at first sight!     

OOPS!  I should have posted his winning picture!  I'm so proud of my big boy!

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 02:57:57 pm »
I love Badger :-*
That is one adorable puppy picture :)
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 03:41:31 pm »
I love him too and am so glad that you two were made for each other.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Icerotti

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 04:39:09 pm »
AW Badger you sure are the best :-*

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 09:24:15 pm »
I just adore Badger & his quirky ways!...I love those pics!!! ;D

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 09:28:18 pm »
Those photos make we want a little "badger". 
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 09:32:50 pm »
Badger is awesome!  What a cute and adorable puppy.  I can see why you couldn't put him down. :)
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom